New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · CPS membership application

trueimage
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CPS membership application

Just wondering, does it really take 30 days? And how long until they send your welcome package which I heard include some free clean and check vouchers for bodies? (CPS Canada Platinum)

Hoping to send in at least 1 body and 2 lenses asap.

Feb 26, 2013 at 01:37 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CPS membership application

I forget how long it takes for the application to go through. I don't recall anything that concerned me. There was a delay in getting 'welcome' and 'renewal' gift packages last summer/fall. I think they ran out of inventory for some of the stuff. It's probably OK now.

AFAIK, the clean & check vouchers are for CPS USA members, not Canada. OTOH, CPS Canada gives substantial discounts on 1D-series cameras and L-lenses, and the US doesn't.

Feb 26, 2013 at 01:52 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CPS membership application

That's true for USA CPS -- two free clean and check per year with Gold. That is for each individual piece: i.e. one body + one lens, or two bodies, or two lenses, but not three. You'd need to pay for one, and I'm not sure, but maybe it's around $75? But you'll be wanting Canada CPS, and that's as Jim said.

Feb 26, 2013 at 01:57 PM
trueimage
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CPS membership application

Boo, oh well. My 24-70 and 100-400 need to be checked and the 24-70 repaired for sure, can't MF and AF sticks. So the discounted repair is the main draw at the moment. Hopefully it doesn't take forever to be accepted.

Feb 26, 2013 at 02:06 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CPS membership application

It was about 3 weeks for me to be accepted CPS Gold, but a mixup on their part delayed the welcome package another 4 weeks. They had emailed me on a shirt size when I was accepted I responded right away but I heard nothing back, when I followed up the girl apologized she had misfiled my response email. I had it less than a week later.

Feb 26, 2013 at 02:48 PM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · CPS membership application

All I had to do when I signed up this time last year was go to CPS, setup an account, enter serial numbers for the gear I owned, that then told me what level I was at, then I paid the $110 or whatever it was and about a week later I received a welcome packet in the mail.

Feb 26, 2013 at 02:56 PM
trueimage
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · CPS membership application

Will Patterson wrote:
All I had to do when I signed up this time last year was go to CPS, setup an account, enter serial numbers for the gear I owned, that then told me what level I was at, then I paid the $110 or whatever it was and about a week later I received a welcome packet in the mail.

I did this part but without paying - it just said it would be reviewed and could take up to 30 days. Fingers crossed.

Feb 26, 2013 at 04:44 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · CPS membership application

It's been 14 days and counting for me.... Still nothing but an email confirmation for the gold membership.

Feb 26, 2013 at 05:01 PM
trueimage
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · CPS membership application

how much is a check and clean on a body without a cps membership, or can you even do that?

Feb 26, 2013 at 05:07 PM
Mexecutioner
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · CPS membership application

In my experience it was very fast. Signed up on a Sunday night, package was sent my way next morning and arrived on Wednesday. Three days total is pretty decent in my book.

Feb 26, 2013 at 08:34 PM
LoneLeaf

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · CPS membership application

My membership in 2011 took about a month before anything showed up. I recall they said they mail out the packages in batches, so I had to wait for the next one.

My renewal in March 2012 was weird. I kept getting messages into April that I was overdue after I had already paid. I can't remember when the shirt size survey came out, but I didn't receive the package until Fall. I think it was a few months---I had forgotten all about it.

Feb 26, 2013 at 08:44 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.