Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · paperless contracts

friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · paperless contracts

I'm a little surprised. I did a topic search on contracts, and this didn't come up. Seems like it's been discussed in here, but I just can't seem to find it.

My wife/partner and I would like to go paperless with our contracts. Through Adobe, we have this online fillable forms, but it appears we have to use a company for the electronic signature. She's found Echosign, and the pro version is $15/mo. Just wondering what anyone else was using out there.

Thanks,
Ron

Feb 26, 2013 at 04:44 PM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · paperless contracts

We use SignNow based on recommendations from others here.

Feb 26, 2013 at 04:48 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · paperless contracts

Thanks, John. That's what I remember now that you've mentioned it. Not sure why I couldn't find that topic. It's a better deal, so looks like we're going for it. Thanks!

Feb 26, 2013 at 05:03 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · paperless contracts

Just an FYI: According to Ed Greenberg, a copyright attorney who wrote The Photographer's Survival Manual with Jack Reznicki, electronic contracts do not hold up well under courtroom scrutiny. Just something to consider. I realize that they are popular.

brad

Feb 26, 2013 at 05:03 PM
Ryan Britton
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · paperless contracts

I'm not positive if it's just my account or not, but SignNow appears to no longer be free for sending out contracts to be signed. Previously it was, but it wouldn't let me last night

Feb 26, 2013 at 05:08 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · paperless contracts

Ryan Britton wrote:
I'm not positive if it's just my account or not, but SignNow appears to no longer be free for sending out contracts to be signed. Previously it was, but it wouldn't let me last night

We have found this as well...

Feb 26, 2013 at 05:25 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · paperless contracts

Here's how I do it...

I create an original in Acrobat Pro (annually) and keep that in DropBox. When I consult a client, I have most of it filled out ahead of time based on email communication, and keep their personal copy in DropBox.

At the time of any physical constult, I open that copy on the iPad and continue to fill out the rest during the interview in PDF Expert. It allows me to get signatures, send flattened copies to the client and retain the original "unflatted" version as well for future corrections and edits.

The same contract can be sent to distant clients to fill out, print, sign, and mail to me. Once I have their physical copy, I sign and scan. They get a copy of the scan.

This system has worked perfectly well for me for two years now.

Feb 26, 2013 at 05:36 PM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · paperless contracts

joelconner wrote:
We have found this as well...

According to their pricing page, you can sign up to 5 per month with a free account.

Feb 26, 2013 at 05:44 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · paperless contracts

Right. It's $8.33/mo for the paid account for up to 30 signatures a month.

Feb 26, 2013 at 05:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

S-Man23
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · paperless contracts

It appears even then you can no longer invite signers to digitally sign documents, you have to print them or fax them to be physically signed- if that's what it means for the "Link to Sign" feature. I'm on free and the "Invite Signers" button is now locked. Unless I'm missing something.
Guess you can't blame them for wanting to make a buck.
Also, $8.33 seems to be an odd price.

Feb 26, 2013 at 06:48 PM
mpmendenhall
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · paperless contracts

S-Man23 wrote:
Also, $8.33 seems to be an odd price.

$8.33*12 = $99.96; it's the closest monthly equivalent to $100/year.

Feb 26, 2013 at 07:00 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · paperless contracts

I have digital contracts via Tave.

Feb 26, 2013 at 07:11 PM
AnthonyR
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · paperless contracts

Hello Sign is free.

Feb 26, 2013 at 07:17 PM
julieawhitlock
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · paperless contracts

Thank you! I think Hello Sign is better than Sign Now anyhow! That fixed a problem woohoo!

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM
DONIV
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · paperless contracts

from signnow- "Sorry for the inconvenience! As of February 13, 2013 in order to "invite" signers is a Pro feature, you would need to upgrade to invite other signers. You can choose to upgrade for $14.99 a month or the annual of $99.99 which comes out to be $8.33 monthly."

Feb 27, 2013 at 04:05 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · paperless contracts

When you use these electronic signatures, are you getting one signature, or both? From what I can tell on Sign Now, you can only get one signature. On my paper contracts, I've always required both B&G to sign.

Feb 27, 2013 at 04:35 AM
Ryan Britton
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · paperless contracts

friscoron wrote:
When you use these electronic signatures, are you getting one signature, or both? From what I can tell on Sign Now, you can only get one signature. On my paper contracts, I've always required both B&G to sign.

You can get multiple. Either send the invite to both of their email addresses or they both just sign from the one.

Feb 27, 2013 at 05:52 AM
derek.fulmer
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · paperless contracts

A little late to the discussion, but I recently started using DocuSign for a commercial client and it has works pretty seamlessly.

Mar 06, 2013 at 03:02 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password