Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 RC updates!

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 RC updates!

Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 RC updates!
Adobe Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 Release Candidate versions are now available for download. They fix many bugs, and include new lens profiles for newly released lenses like the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 and Canon 24-70mm f/4L IS.
Demosaic algorithms for Fujifilm cameras with the X-Trans sensor have also been corrected.
Here is list of new features, camera support, profile support and bug fixes for both Lightroom 4.4 and Camera RAW 7.4 Release Candidates:

Features:

Release Candidate includes a correction to the demosaic algorithms for Fujifilm cameras with the X-Trans sensor. This specifically impacts the following cameras:
  • Fujifilm X-Pro1
  • Fujifilm X-E1
  • Fujifilm X100S
  • Fujifilm X20
New Camera Support:
  • Canon EOS 1D C
  • Casio Exilim EX-ZR700
  • Fujifilm X100s
  • Fujifilm X20
  • Hasselblad Lunar
  • Leica M
  • Nikon 1 V3
  • Nikon 1 S1
  • Pentax MX-1
New Lens Profile Support:
  • Canon 24-70 f/4L IS
  • Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO HSM
  • Sigma APO MACRO 180mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM
  • Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM A012
  • Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM
Fixed Issues:
  • The grayscale visualization associated with Noise Reduction Luminance was visible after mouse release. This occurred when positive Clarity was present.
  • The command/control + A “select all” keyboard shortcut did not select all photos.
  • Modifying the brush size using the Right-click + Drag method did not increase or decrease the brush size by the desired amount.
  • The crop overlay tool resized incorrectly when used in conjunction with the “Constrain to Crop” checkbox in the Lens Correction panel.
  • Hovering the mouse over a local adjustment pin would turn off the desired mask.
  • Horizontal artifacts occasionally appeared in DNG files.
  • Improved interactive performance at intermediate zoom levels (e.g., 33% and 66%)

Adobe Camera Raw 7.4 RC: Win | Mac
DNG Converter 7.4 RC: Win | Mac

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
donmega
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 RC updates!

Fred, your Lightroom 4.4 RC link is pointing to the DNG converter. Thanks for the heads up though!

Edited on Feb 26, 2013 at 04:02 PM · View previous versions

Feb 26, 2013 at 04:01 PM
Glenn NK
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 RC updates!

Great to hear about the updates for the Fuji cameras - I was seriously considering one but nervous about reports on the RAW conversion in LR.

Glenn

Feb 26, 2013 at 04:02 PM
senzazn12
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 RC updates!

I hope they fixed the speed issue in this version.

Feb 26, 2013 at 06:51 PM
kaycephoto
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 RC updates!

^ any feedback about general performance & export speed?

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM
sjordan93436
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 RC updates!

Unfortunately, LR 4.4 does not fix a bug that has bit me. No change from 4.3.

I use LR as a catalog of my images (30K- but size is not important). When I select images by keyword and then edit in PS CS 6, the resulting new file gets lost. It has the proper keywords, but LR does not recognize them. The image is in the right folder and has the right keywords highlighted, but they keywords are not in the index.

My workaround, go back to the folder, delete and add the keywords to the new file. Or use bridge. Or find with the keyword, then go to the folder, edit in PS.

I discussed this with Adobe about 6 or 9 weeks ago, they recognized it but it was too late for 4.4.

Mar 06, 2013 at 08:18 PM
TheProducer

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 RC updates!

Running 4.4RC on my rMBP, not seeing any performance changes over 4.3. 4.3 was the first version I ran on this machine, so I have no benchmark, but I was hoping zooming and and switching between Library and Develop would be smoother.

Mar 08, 2013 at 05:20 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.