Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Everglades

darknite87
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Everglades

Went bike riding at Shark Valley in Everglades National Park this weekend then drove around the Big Cypress Preserve before watching the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico. Not bad for a day's work!

1. Cypress Trees (B&W)

2. Sweetwater Strand (HDR)

3. Gulf of Mexico Sunset (HDR)

More can be found on my blog

Feb 26, 2013 at 03:21 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Everglades

Hi JC,

That sounds like a pretty nice day of work for you!

You have a cool set of shots, and while this style of processing isn't something I would do, I think you really nailed that graphic style of photography. My favorites are #1 and 2. I like the lithograph feel of #1, but the color and composition in #2 is pretty sweet too.

Jim

Feb 26, 2013 at 08:17 PM
capt don
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Everglades

JC, I really like number 3 and spend a lot of time at sweetwater the hdr is just too dramatic for the real scene. Just my personal opinion

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM
darknite87
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Everglades

capt don wrote:
JC, I really like number 3 and spend a lot of time at sweetwater the hdr is just too dramatic for the real scene. Just my personal opinion

I only went the HDR route due to the backlight being so strong I either blew out all the highlights or it was underexposed by a lot. First time there for me, but I'll be back again.

Feb 27, 2013 at 02:05 PM
darknite87
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Everglades

JimFox wrote:
Hi JC,

That sounds like a pretty nice day of work for you!

You have a cool set of shots, and while this style of processing isn't something I would do, I think you really nailed that graphic style of photography. My favorites are #1 and 2. I like the lithograph feel of #1, but the color and composition in #2 is pretty sweet too.

Jim

Thank you!

Feb 27, 2013 at 02:05 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password