Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 600EX-RT Question

ZWhitford

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 600EX-RT Question

Hi all,

I have to shoot an event in a little over a week and it will be my first gig since switching to Canon where I will need to use a flash. I had been planning to rent the 600 but read that Canon's TTL cable is not compatible with the RT system without some kind of added component. I was wondering, what are the extra components I need to make the 600EX-RT work with Canon TTL cable?

To be safe I think for the time being I'll just rent the 580EX II and worry about getting the 600 working as I need it to for when I actually purchase the 600 to have in my kit.

Thanks very much!

Feb 26, 2013 at 01:33 AM
vivisha
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 600EX-RT Question

I think you are confusing the compatibility issue. I think you're talking about the OC-E3 off camera flash shoe cord, if so, that is basically an extension cord for the flash, the terminals are exactly the same. The compatiblility issue comes when you're using a camera body that is not the 1DX, 5Dlll or 6D. But is not really a compatibility issue but a fastest sync speed one.

If you're only using TTL flash, the extension cord will work with the 600ex-rt and 500exll.

Feb 26, 2013 at 02:29 AM
ZWhitford

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 600EX-RT Question

vivisha wrote:
I think you are confusing the compatibility issue. I think you're talking about the OC-E3 off camera flash shoe cord, if so, that is basically an extension cord for the flash, the terminals are exactly the same. The compatiblility issue comes when you're using a camera body that is not the 1DX, 5Dlll or 6D. But is not really a compatibility issue but a fastest sync speed one.

If you're only using TTL flash, the extension cord will work with the 600ex-rt and 500exll.

Thanks for the input.

And yes, I was referring to the OC-E3 cord. I will be shooting it manually and in TTL mode with a 5DIII so it looks like I will be ok.

Thanks again.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:44 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password