Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sandia Crest Vista

TerryCzap
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Sandia Crest Vista

Went to the peak last month to get some Rosie Finch pics. Was quite cold and windy at 10,678 ft high, sitting in a cloud for most of the time with few birds around. The clouds lifted near sunset which allowed for some good views. The city of Albuquerque is just off to camera right. Wished I had better focus on left side of frame but this is the way it turned out. Comments and criticism welcomed.

Terry

Edited on Feb 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM · View previous versions

Feb 25, 2013 at 08:42 PM
dswiger
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Sandia Crest Vista

I like this for the color/mood and the changing scene. Actually the focus is less of an issue to me but the cloud layers that are blown out are more distracting...
If you have the RAW, I would double process/blend this to pull the sky-hot spots back.
My eye attracted to the right side, but wanting to see more of the scene

Looks like a great location

Dan

Feb 25, 2013 at 08:46 PM
TerryCzap
• •
p.1 #3 · Sandia Crest Vista

Thanks Dan. The clouds do not appear blown out on my screen, but here's an adjusted version that may help.

Feb 25, 2013 at 08:51 PM
mal233
• •
p.1 #4 · Sandia Crest Vista

Not sure the clouds, at least to me, are part of the story. Beautiful location. Maybe cropping to top of trees may make it a stronger image - just a thought - because the dark area to me is distracting.

Feb 25, 2013 at 09:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Sandia Crest Vista

Hey Terry,

What a cool scene here. I like this wide long view where it starts out with the snow and ends up in the desert, or at least more barren area. The slight edit with #2 is perfect for me.

Jim

Feb 25, 2013 at 09:55 PM
pixelreaper
• •
p.1 #6 · Sandia Crest Vista

amazing! I would have loved to be a fly on your hot shoe for this one!

I like the blue / amber concentrations. I agree that may want try to crop a little lower to reduce the low contrast clouds near the top left to work with what god gave you in the weather. Tough choice though, as the current composition is really well balanced. Maybe a little burning could help?

cheers!
Dimitri

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
TerryCzap
• •
p.1 #7 · Sandia Crest Vista

Good Suggestions. I'd cropped 1/3 of the sky out previously, but in this case, less is better. Did a little burning as well.

I can assure you Dimitri, my "shoe" was not hot on that day. I'd spend about 4 hours on the mount, and every hour I would have to go back to my car and add another layer of clothing as it was zero degrees out with the 25 mph wind chill.

Here is cropped version.

Terry

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password