Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 1D Mark VI and Eye-Fi card? Anyone?

ComicDom1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1D Mark VI and Eye-Fi card? Anyone?

Does anyone have any experience at all using and Eye-Fi Pro card and a 1DMKIV. Today I have been attempting to get this setup for both my camera, my computer, and my ipad. I have the computer and Ipad setup but I am having little to no luck getting pictures to transmit from the Camera Eye-Fi pro card to the Ipad or the computer.

To me this is one of those things that would be nice to get to work.

Thoughts or Comments please

Thanks,

Jason

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM
lucas lumiere
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1D Mark VI and Eye-Fi card? Anyone?

I'm still waiting for my 1d mark VI...

I've found the eye-fi experience to be inconsistent. It's great when it works but it seems to be a bit finicky.

Take a look at your wifi settings. You may need to set up the card for direct transfer mode, you do this in the eye-fi control center.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM
lite25e
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1D Mark VI and Eye-Fi card? Anyone?

I have the 1d4 and eye-fi, and it works great with my iphone. I tried to use it also with my iPad, and it didn't work, and it messed up my settings with my iphone. I believe you can only setup the eye-fi card with one iOS device. Since I definitely wanted it to work with my iPhone, I deleted the app on both devices, reinstalled it on the iphone, and everything started working again.

I find that, pretty much every time I want to use the app, I need to go into the wifi settings on the iphone, select the eye-fi card, and then open up the eye-fi app. I use the card in the mode where it only transfers to my phone the pictures that I protect by hitting the lock button.

After you get the hang of it, and get it working, I find the card to be fantastic. It is a significant reason why I'm really hesitant to upgrade to the 1DX.

Feb 25, 2013 at 01:44 AM
gpchase
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1D Mark VI and Eye-Fi card? Anyone?

It worked fine when I had the MKIV and now works fine with the 1DX transmitting to my Mac. I have not tried it with the ipad or iphone.
I have them in my 5DMKIII, GoPro, S95, SD950, 1DX and 7D and they all work fine. The 1DX and 7D use the adapter which seems to slow the transmission speed, regardless they still work okay. The 5DMKIII and S95 are setup to use them and have a transmission icon. If you add files to the ones in the 1DX and sometimes the 5DMKIII the card gets hot and you get a error code...which sometimes resets itself or sometimes you must open and close the card door. Also they will not transmit to the Mac simultaneously

Feb 25, 2013 at 02:23 AM
ComicDom1
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1D Mark VI and Eye-Fi card? Anyone?

I finally got it to work direct to my Ipad. I am now experimenting with picture sizes to see how long it takes for them to write from the Eye Fi Card in the camera to the Ipad. Next I will find out if I can get it to run over my regular router.

Jason

Feb 25, 2013 at 04:39 AM
timbop
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1D Mark VI and Eye-Fi card? Anyone?

I tried for 2 straight days to get it to work consistently with my 5d3 and smartphone, to no luck. I was hoping to be able to post highlights of the day to my FB through my phone as the day progressed, but could not get it to consistently work. I documented what I did and changed only 1 variable at a time, but couldn't get consistent behavior twice in a row.

Ended up sending the thing back in frustration.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

kardy

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 1D Mark VI and Eye-Fi card? Anyone?

I use it with my 5d3 and iPad via ShutterSnitch in direct mode. The supplied software is terrible. Works consistently for me, no problems. I send small jpgs and have to stay fairly close to the iPad, but if I do, it stays connected most of the time. If the connection drops due to proximity, as soon as I move the camera back into range it catches up and moves the files over that it failed to get there in the first place. Can't beat it for the nominal cost.

Feb 25, 2013 at 01:21 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 1D Mark VI and Eye-Fi card? Anyone?

Jason,
I've been using the eye-fi with my 5D III and haven't had any issues. It shows up on my TV as well as my android/ipad tablets.

Feb 25, 2013 at 03:25 PM
ComicDom1
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 1D Mark VI and Eye-Fi card? Anyone?

Thanks for the responses. Sunny sounds like you have had better success than some of the others. The card I am using is the Eye-Fi Pro X2 8GB. From what I understand the Pro x2 version works better than the prior versions.

I have not been able to get things to work with my cradle point router yet so I am going to give their customer support a call.

From what I understand, if you are in an area of a router that is known to the Eye-Fi card it is supposed to use that router and network. Then if you are not in an area where you have a known or open router to you, your Eye-Fi card is supposed to direct connect to the device (Ipad, Iphone, android. laptop, or computer) you have it paired with.

Anyway I hope I make some progress today.

Jason

Feb 25, 2013 at 05:17 PM
ComicDom1
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 1D Mark VI and Eye-Fi card? Anyone?

For those of you that might be interested I have done a little further testing.

As far as I can see, you almost have to be right on top of your router maybe 15 feet or less for the card to transfer from camera to the router to either the computer or Ipad. If your router is in the same room as you are shooting in then I can see how this might work out for you. If not, then you might as well be shooting tethered.

The only possible other benefit as far as I can see is to use the Eye-Fi system in Direct Mode and go directly from the Eye-Fi card in the camera to the Ipad. Even this will take you some 6 to 10 seconds to transfer. Also the larger the file the longer it will take.

The average time I am providing for the camera to ipad transfer is 10 feet or less.

Jason

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM
kardy

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 1D Mark VI and Eye-Fi card? Anyone?

ComicDom1 wrote:
For those of you that might be interested I have done a little further testing.

As far as I can see, you almost have to be right on top of your router maybe 15 feet or less for the card to transfer from camera to the router to either the computer or Ipad. If your router is in the same room as you are shooting in then I can see how this might work out for you. If not, then you might as well be shooting tethered.

The only possible other benefit as far as I can see is to use
...Show more
Small medium quality jpg from a 5D3 takes about 2 secs to transfer from card to iPad while in direct mode. It's nearly instantaneous.

Feb 26, 2013 at 02:17 AM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 1D Mark VI and Eye-Fi card? Anyone?

I use one in my 1DX with a CF-SD adapter and it works great with my iPhone. I send small JPG's to it, set reviewing card to that CF slot, then use the protect key to trigger particular photos to get sent to my iPhone as I review them.

Feb 26, 2013 at 03:34 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password