Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Need recommendation for AA battery charger

mjoshi
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Need recommendation for AA battery charger

XPO239 wrote:
I'm using the Powerex with Eneloops and I've been very happy with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Maha-Powerex-MH-C808M-Cell-Multi-Charger/dp/B000E65DG6/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1361738710&sr=8-32&keywords=battery+charger

~ARI

I'd second that but I use Powerex instead of Eneloop and those are really great.
Here is what I've
http://www.amazon.com/Powerex-Maha-MH-C801D-Eight-Charger/dp/B000E5S648/ref=pd_cp_e_3

it can do rapid charge.

Feb 25, 2013 at 02:39 PM
engrider18

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Need recommendation for AA battery charger

I also use a Maha and have been happy with it.

Feb 25, 2013 at 03:24 PM
CMB Photo
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Need recommendation for AA battery charger

TTLKurtis wrote:
Thomas Distributing Maha-800 Chargers. I own three of them.

same here. once put it on a roof of my suv and drove off. when someone started to yelling me that i dropped something in the middle of the road. I stopped and then run, risking being hit by a coming car. my fear was that next coming car (as you can imagine all over sudden the street got super busy with the cars!) anyway, I'm running between cars, risking my life, when eventually the thought come's in: what if it's all broken (it was in original case and I couldn't see how's it inside). So, when I finally navigated traffic to stop so that I can run and pick it up and then run back to my car. All shaking I opened the case and...
it was all in one piece not even a crack. Works till this day and that was two summers ago. And I have a very tall SUV roof... so...fehshhhh...lucky me..

Feb 25, 2013 at 08:26 PM
Bearmann
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Need recommendation for AA battery charger

D. Diggler wrote:
What you need is a charger with a slower charging rate, which is better for long-term battery life. A charging rate of 500mA is good. It won't be a "fast charge".

I'm no expert, but candlepower forums says that 1000mA is better for these AA rechargeables. The 500mA is too low at times and sometimes doesn't trigger the shut off at the end resulting in an overcharge. The Maha previously listed will do 1000mA when the soft charge function is used.

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password