Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

Top Quark

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

I'm at a LOSS. This is what happens and it's very straight forward. If I go to FILE/NEW and create a white 300dpi canvas (Regardless of profile aRGB, sRGB etc.). Then I go to color picker and create a color. As long as all three RGB values have a number eg. R 23 G 125 B 69 or whatever and I then color the canvas using the paint bucket tool all is good, I get the desired color. If I leave the G or B value at ZERO I will still get the desired color chosen from the color picker dialog box. Here is the part that blows my mind. If I leave the R value at ZERO and put any other value in G,B and then use the paint bucket tool to color the canvas it turns BLACK!! If I save that black canvas that is in front of me in CS6 photoshop to a folder and then open it up in windows or any other app that will display the image it is NOT black, but the color it should of been when I had it opened in photoshop! I checked everything and even defaulted CS6 back to its original settings, but still it happens. My video card and display are set correctly. WTF is going on, or better yet what am I doing that makes this happen! HELP S.O.S

Feb 24, 2013 at 08:16 PM
Top Quark

p.1 #2 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

I forgot to mention. In the layers palette I can clearly see the proper color, but on the canvas it's all black.

Feb 24, 2013 at 08:20 PM
irish-george
• • •
p.1 #3 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

I believe that video cards contain color palettes in ROM...if that is true, either corrupted ROM or bad drive circuitry on the video card could mess up the display of color as you describe. Either way, can you try a different video card?

Feb 24, 2013 at 08:40 PM
irish-george
• • •
p.1 #4 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

Didn't see your second posting in time. Still, have you tried a different video card, even a very low end one?

Feb 24, 2013 at 08:42 PM
Ho1972
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

Weird. Turn off GPU acceleration and see what happnes.

Feb 24, 2013 at 09:05 PM
Top Quark

p.1 #6 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

When I go to the Adobe preferences/performance/ Graphics Processor Settings and uncheck the " Use Graphics Processor" everything is then fine!! WTF. One thing I should mention is that my previous PC had XP Pro with Spider Exprees 2 installed, running CS2. On this new PC it's Win 7 64bit. There was no driver for the Spider Express 2, but from some feedback I got online some were able to use Vista 64bit drivers with success. I used the drivers and it seems to work fine, it calibrated my monitor without any issues. Can this driver be the possible culprit?? As I have stated any other program shows the image properly, but not in CS6 unless as I stated I uncheck the "Use Graphics Processor" Thiis is driving me crazy!!

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #7 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

Do a Photoshop settings reset when you start up Photoshop.

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Top Quark

p.1 #8 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

I did that, same thing...no success

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Top Quark

p.1 #9 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

Video Card is AMD/ATI 7700

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #10 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

If things are fine when you turn off the "Use Graphics Processor", then the likely culprit is the graphics card. If the problem was the monitor profile you created with your Spyder, the problem would have probably remained.

If it is the graphics card, the alternatives are usually:
1. See if there is an updated driver available for the graphics card and if so, see if installing that driver resolves the problem.
2. Use PS without the special graphics functions.
3. Consider replacing your graphics card for one that has been verified by Adobe as being compatible.

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ho1972
• • •
p.1 #11 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

Top Quark wrote:
When I go to the Adobe preferences/performance/ Graphics Processor Settings and uncheck the " Use Graphics Processor" everything is then fine!! WTF.!

CS6 is using a new rendering engine. The list of supported cards and other info is here. If your card is supported, make sure you have a recent driver.

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Top Quark

p.1 #12 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

1. The other day AMD asked that there was a update driver available, so updated without a problem, so I thought. Upon going to their website today the new version appears to be a beta version. I reinstalled the driver before the beta version, but to no avail. I'll try again.

2. How will that affect performance??

3. The AMD/ATI HD 7700 is a card that has been certified by Adobe.

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Top Quark

p.1 #13 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

Uninstalled driver using AMD uninstall utility, reinstalled new driver. SAME SHIT!!

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #14 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

Try going back a version if you haven't already.
You can try reporting the problem to AMD and/or Adobe but I wouldn't expect a prompt response.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Top Quark

p.1 #15 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

I installed the version before the Beta version. That's the oldest driver they have or I could find on their website. I'm spent...I give up.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Top Quark

p.1 #16 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

In my Navigator box, mini bridge and layers palette the image is the proper color, in the photoshop window it's black If it was a problem with the video card wouldn't those windows show the images as black as well?

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Top Quark

p.1 #17 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

If I create a canvas in 32bit I can have a ZERO value RED and no problem, but as soon as I try 8 or 16 bit with ZERO value in the RED channel, the dreaded black panel appears.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #18 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

You would think. But for me the key indicator is when you turn off graphics acceleration it works like it should. That normally indicates a problem with the graphics card or the graphics card drivers.

I suggest that you post your problem in the Adobe Photoshop forum and see if anyone else has the problem and if someone has a fix. Adobe employees sometimes respond there but there is no guarantee. Here is the link:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop

If you do that, make sure you mention what version of Photoshop, the make and model of you graphics card, and the version number of your graphics driver. Including a screen shot showing a piece of the black main window along with the OK navigator and layers windows would not be a bad idea either. That will help convince the forum members that you are not doing something dumb. Mention that it works OK when you disable accelerated graphics, too.

Feb 25, 2013 at 01:00 AM
Top Quark

p.1 #19 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

This is a screen shot of what I'm talking about.

[/url]

Feb 25, 2013 at 01:13 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #20 · CS6 HELP S.O.S

What kind of PC is it? Does it have it's own integrated graphics as well as the ATI card?

Feb 25, 2013 at 01:45 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password