Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · First dirt track racing of the season.

Marty Bingham
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First dirt track racing of the season.

1. Took advantage of a preseason practice session to get a little practice of my own.

2. It has been unusually rainy this winter. The track was good but everything else was a quagmire.

3. Oddly, the cars are my least favorite part of shooting racing.

6. Hey, a man's gotta eat.

9. I wonder if Danica started out this way?

10. As always, thanks for lookin' !

Marty

Feb 24, 2013 at 08:06 PM
basehorhonda
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First dirt track racing of the season.

I like 1 and 3.

It would be neat to see the same location of 3, but up high with a wide angle or fish eye remote. Might make for a neat image. Is that from the end of the wall in image 9?

Feb 24, 2013 at 08:24 PM
jspytek
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First dirt track racing of the season.

Looks like you were shooting in the late afternoon - so I'm assuming you had sunlight. I like the ones such as 5 where you can freeze the back tire and show the ripples. If you ever make it up to St. Louis let me know we have 3 tracks and race Friday and Saturday nights.

I can almost smell the alcohol burning after the first run out of turn 4 - God bless America!

Feb 24, 2013 at 09:16 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First dirt track racing of the season.

It will soon be 92F and all that lovely...slick...red stuff will be turned into blowing red dust...and the humidity...never mind...

#'s 1, 6, & 7 seem to stand out ... butt not as much as 10...wallhanger there

Jefferson

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · First dirt track racing of the season.

Good stuff, Marty, cars and all. Love the smiles in 9 AND 10 #6 definitely is a keeper, and knowing nothing about this kind of racing, 7 is my favorite of the car photos.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:23 AM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · First dirt track racing of the season.

Marty..Great stuff...the last one is OVER EXPOSED!

Feb 25, 2013 at 03:52 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · First dirt track racing of the season.

basehorhonda, thanks. That is an opening in the wall for cars to get in and out of the pits.

Thanks for looking and commenting jspytek. It was a cloudy afternoon. The tires do go through some serious contortions. I don't know what keeps them on the rim sometimes. I was up in St. Louis a couple summers ago. I like to fish the White River in Northern Arkansas and swing through Missouri on my way back east.

You're right Jefferson, the dust cloud is just around the corner. Give me a holler sometime if you ever want to get your Canon dirty.

Thanks Russ. The car in #7 is called a Dwarf car. They are powered by motorcycle engines and are kind of a novelty class at the track. But more importantly, this particular group buys a ton of photos.

Shane, there is definitely too much exposure in #10. I didn't want to spend much time taking a reading though.

Thanks for stopping by guys,
Marty

Feb 25, 2013 at 06:56 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · First dirt track racing of the season.

Hey Marty, Nice Set. #1 might be my favorite dirt track image I have seen, it has a great feel to it, from the texture in the track to the unmarked death machine just off the lead cars rear end...nice set...wish I had not scrolled to #10 though...

It has been unusually wet this winter...we don't seem to dry out much before the next rain hits...

Feb 26, 2013 at 01:24 PM
Next39
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · First dirt track racing of the season.

Great set, Marty. Well, maybe not so much the last one. I like the head on shots as that's just not a typical view that we normally get to see.

It looks like the infield was way, way soft and muddy judging by the background in #9...

Looking foward to your next set.

Feb 26, 2013 at 03:08 PM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · First dirt track racing of the season.

Thanks Travis. That means a lot coming from you. I am a big fan of your race photography. Unmarked death machine...I like that. Sorry about #10. You just can't unsee some things.

Hey Scott. Just trying to keep things balanced. Open with a head shot, close with a tail shot!

Marty

Feb 27, 2013 at 02:43 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · First dirt track racing of the season.

Marty Bingham wrote:
Thanks Travis. That means a lot coming from you. I am a big fan of your race photography. Unmarked death machine...I like that. Sorry about #10. You just can't unsee some things.

Marty

Those are kind words Marty, thanks. One day I will find a way to get out and shoot some dirt tracking.

Feb 28, 2013 at 02:39 PM
rob4bama
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · First dirt track racing of the season.

#6 is pretty cool. Looks like he was really enjoying the mud!

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password