FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Snow in Yosemite

nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Snow in Yosemite

I and Jim Fox and Michael Frye and many others, we were all fool. We drove to Yosemite anticipating a big snow storm. Instead, the snow bypassed Yosemite and dumped all its load on my house, 1 1/2 hour from the Valley.

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Snow in Yosemite

Snow shots look really good Robert. Snow looks light and fluffy. Especially like the last one here.
Douglas

Feb 23, 2013 at 09:06 AM
Todd
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Snow in Yosemite

Nice! But why the high ISO? Forget your tripod? 1000 ISO seems high for snow photos. The D800E looks best at ISO 100.

Feb 23, 2013 at 09:11 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Snow in Yosemite

Todd wrote:
Nice! But why the high ISO? Forget your tripod? 1000 ISO seems high for snow photos. The D800E looks best at ISO 100.

Yes I was running around holding my camera. One think I really like about this camera: the pictures are sharp out of the box. They need very little sharpening, if any even with handholding. I have been shooting with D3, D7K, D300, now D4. I never noticed this sharpness until now with D800e. This is my 3rd week with it. i am still in the process of finding out where, how I should use it.

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.