Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Icy Sunrise

T-D-S

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Icy Sunrise

We had a combination of ice and rain yesterday so I decided to trek up a nearby mountain to see if I could get an interesting sunrise. The previous day's clouds and some fog were lingering which made for some cool shots. You guys have helped me quite a bit over the past few months to grow in my photography and editing. So, here we go again.... critique please and rewords are always welcome! Thanks so much in advance!

2. Mostly a recomp a few steps to the left from pic #1.

3. Another composition. I'm not sure I like the tree bent over on the right.

4. My widest angle shot of the day.

5. A zoomed in view for more detail.

6. Another zoomed view.

1-3 might be redundant as well as 5-6. Between 5 and 6 I'm leaning toward #5 because I like seeing more ice in the trees.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Skarkowtsky
• • •
p.1 #2 · Icy Sunrise

I think each one has very specific qualities. Personally, all are wonderful. The light borders on fantasy, and it's that element that I believe projects these photos well beyond ordinary.

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Icy Sunrise

They all are worthy of close study - fascinating and wonderful set!

Bob

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:50 AM
dmacmillan
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Icy Sunrise

I agree, each has its own special quality. In all, though, you captured that "icy" quality which is no mean feat. It was an excellent choice to shoot into the light. Very nice set! If I had to choose from the set for printing, the nod goes to #2 and #5.

Feb 23, 2013 at 02:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

T-D-S

p.1 #5 · Icy Sunrise

Thanks so much for the replies, everyone!

Feb 26, 2013 at 06:20 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Icy Sunrise

Nice moody light! Quite atmospheric! Maybe a few minor tweaks as a slightly different interpretation option? For example, a bit of retouching to remove a "Y" branch cutting laying in the rocks, plus some selective color balance changes, a small selective exposure bump and some vignette:

Feb 26, 2013 at 08:27 PM
T-D-S

p.1 #7 · Icy Sunrise

AuntiPode, I was hoping to see feedback from you. I always like your suggestions.

I didn't notice that "y" branch before and now it's driving me crazy! Yay for Photoshop! I like those adjustments... adds more "moodiness." Thanks so much!

Feb 26, 2013 at 08:55 PM
Chris Humphrey

p.1 #8 · Icy Sunrise

4 is my fav. Nice pics!

Feb 27, 2013 at 04:30 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password