Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Canon EOS 7D with EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II break record!

biodan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Canon EOS 7D with EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II break record!

Its an amazing image, the product of much effort. Most of the glitches cited are unavoidable due to moving traffic between shots. However, the one cited below is more problematic -

howatthunter wrote:
Amazing. But , this is another glitch. I hope the link works.

http://btlondon2012.co.uk/pano.html?view.hlookat=-97.0289&view.vlookat=5.6071&view.fov=4.4832&imarkerath=-97.0289&imarkeratv=5.6071

As i'm unfamiliar with the Autopano Giga 3.0 software, was this due to relying upon a fully automated workflow with sparse manual curation? That said, 3 months on a single workstation (albeit with 32-cores and 256 GB RAM) seems a bit self-limiting. I noticed that the Autopano software is available on Linux - and 1000-core HPC clusters are fairly common these days in large firms or companies that provide leased CPU time (without even mentioning Cloud services which might have memory restrictions). In either case, a 31x-speedup in processing (down to 3-4 days vs 3 months) could be achieved. However, Fedex'ing the data on a hard-drive would only add 2 days to the schedule - an ample margin to enable more curation of borders.

N.B. my non-image (genomics) work typically involves using 100-600 nodes of 1k core HPC.

Feb 24, 2013 at 09:15 PM
byteseller
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Canon EOS 7D with EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II break record!

Darn it --- if I was a resident of the UK I could have been a contender:

http://btlondon2012.co.uk/pano.html?view.hlookat=174.2419&view.vlookat=3.1635&view.fov=0.9864&imarkerath=174.2419&imarkeratv=3.1635

Feb 25, 2013 at 06:35 PM
Todd Moon

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Canon EOS 7D with EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II break record!

I think they really overprocessed the zoomed-out version of the images. Here's a comparison between the two. The top image is what you see when you zoom all the way in, and you still see that image when you zoom back out a little. From that zoom level I scrolled out one more click with my scroll wheel to get the bottom image. The photos aren't aligned right so it also changes position slightly. That's not so bad, but really I don't like the sudden change in appearance.

They processed it to remove the dullness of the image and add more color, but it also looks like they oversharpended it.

Feb 25, 2013 at 07:08 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password