Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Rules & Guidelines | Canon Lens Code
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sold: Fast 135mm f2 Canon FD for Low Light

Qwerty64
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Sold: Fast 135mm f2 Canon FD for Low Light

Fast 135mm f2 Canon FD for Low Light

Item Sold

Price: $280.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: Payment Paypal+3%, shipping in North America $25

This super speedy and fast Canon FD 135mm f2 is a superb performer, especially in adverse lighting conditions. I can only compare it to the Nikon 105mm f1.8 AIS that I used to own. The Nikon was pretty soft wide open, the FD 135mm f2 is sharp even wide open and out of this world when stopped down. If you need something longer than your typical 85mm, but it has to be fast and sharp when shooting in low light or when you need shallow depth of field this is the lens for you!

The Canon FD 135mm f2 can be used on a number of bodies, including the Fuji X-Pro 1 or Fuji X-E1 or any of the Olympus Micro 4/3 like the OMD or PENís or Panasonic bodies. The lens is fat in width, but not very long and having a built in sliding hood means it saves space in the camera bag.

This lens is in great shape as you can see from the detailed photos below. The optics are ultra clean with hardly any internal dust, no fog or haze at all. The only defect I can see is one very tiny scratch on the front coating which is towards the outer edge of the lens, so it never shows up in photos. In terms of the body of the lens, the focusing is buttery smooth and perfect, the aperture ring has nice firm clicks (at Ĺ stop intervals which is really nice) and the aperture blades are nice and clean with no oil on them. The body has minimal paint wear and looks great as you can see from the pics. The front filter ring has an ever so slight little bend, which is so slight that looking at the lens, you would not even notice it. Must have been squeezed, certainly not dropped because there is no scratch or scrape or flaked off paint. Not sure if it would have to be straightened out to use filters, but never been an issue with me as I donít use filters, but the front lens cap fits snugly without any problems. The built in sliding lens hood is really nice and firm Ė when you slide it out it stays in place, I found the sliding hood on my Nikon 105mm f1.8 AIS to be flimsy and it would never stay in place properly.

Iíve included a couple of examples with 100% crops as well for your reference.

This was shot under lousy lighting conditions handheld, because no tripods are allowed. The plane is hanging from the ceiling and you can only shoot it from a faraway balcony as you cannot get any closer to the plane. Could not have gotten this image without this lens under these challenging conditions and lighting.

100% crop

100% crop

If you need a Micro 4/3 Canon FD adapter for the lens, I have one, just add $10.

Feb 22, 2013 at 04:40 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password