Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Nikon lens rebate questions/vent

sonofjesse2010
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon lens rebate questions/vent

So the 50mm 1.8 G has been sold out for months. Now the rebates go into effect and the 1.8 and the 85mm 1.8 and the 50mm 1.4 are all sold out most everywhere. The 85mm 1.4 is also backed ordered a week. The 24-120mm is backed ordered at bh. You would think before they did rebates they would make sure stock was in place? Are they that many photographers will to spend 400-1200 on a lens that just any discount forces them to sell out? Or is it a supply chain issue still? I just find it odd from a bussiness point of view. I guess they can let orders pile up to know how many shifts to run to produce these.

I know coming from canon side with rebates, nothing ever sold out that I ever saw. I know with Canon rebates it seemed if it was 100 dollars somebody would mess with the prices and you would only get 60-80% somebody else was pocketing the rest. I dont' see that issue with nikon this time(i'm new to the nikon camp).

I just thought I would see everybody elses thoughts.

Feb 22, 2013 at 03:32 AM
mshi
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon lens rebate questions/vent

Many are falling into so-called bargain traps as we speak, that is buying things they rarely need. If you have patience, some of those will show up here in B&S with much further discounts.

Feb 22, 2013 at 03:37 AM
SweetMk
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon lens rebate questions/vent

It took Adorama 30 hours to process my "rebate lens" order, the first time it ever took more than a few minutes.

UPS says it will be here tomorrow!! WOOT!

Maybe the dealers got flooded with orders?

Feb 22, 2013 at 04:52 AM
jbonzo1

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon lens rebate questions/vent

I ordered my 85 1.8G at 12:05 am Sunday morning from Adorama and it arrived Tuesday morning via UPS.
I did not want to miss grabbing it at that price.

Feb 22, 2013 at 05:03 AM
kinconorb
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon lens rebate questions/vent

sonofjesse2010 wrote:
Are there that many photographers will to spend 400-1200 on a lens that just any discount forces them to sell out?

I wanted to order a 50/1.4G but they were sold-out or back-ordered even before the rebate. The 28/1.8G is another tempting lens, for me anyway, that was in stock last I checked. I haven't ordered anything; came close a few times but the urge will pass. I'd rather spend the money on a plane ticket and go take photos someplace new

Feb 22, 2013 at 06:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

soupcxan
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon lens rebate questions/vent

The 50/1.4g is really soft wide open. You're not missing anything.

Feb 22, 2013 at 12:45 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nikon lens rebate questions/vent

Just buy a used 50G on the forums, chances are it'll be cheaper than with those rebates. One sold yesterday for a whopping $115... Can't believe I missed it.

Feb 22, 2013 at 02:35 PM
lovemygsp

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nikon lens rebate questions/vent

I ordered my 50mm from BH on Sunday even though it was listed as out of stock. Received it yesterday. So if you don't mind waiting a few days, just order it and wait. It won't be long.

Feb 22, 2013 at 04:38 PM
SweetMk
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Nikon lens rebate questions/vent

SweetMk wrote:
It took Adorama 30 hours to process my "rebate lens" order, the first time it ever took more than a few minutes.

UPS says it will be here tomorrow!! WOOT!

Maybe the dealers got flooded with orders?

Mine got here an hour ago!!

Feb 22, 2013 at 06:04 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Nikon lens rebate questions/vent

It's not unheard of for the zooms to be marked down. But the f/1.4 primes are rarely discounted, so maybe it's the fear of loss thing.

As much as I love my Sigma 85mm f/1.4, I also love my Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G and 50mm f/1.4G- nothing soft about mine.

Feb 22, 2013 at 07:59 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password