New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · basketball player, first time with strobe

sandman22
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · basketball player, first time with strobe

Hey all,

I have not done much with lighting at all but purchased 2 b400s recently. I was only able to use one in this case. It was camera right down at close to a 45 degree angle. The shoot was put together really quick and was in a gym inbetween practices. I need to get a picture of this kid for a magazine so there is extra space on top for words. they wanted it a little but moody/not all lit. Just thought I would get opinions on how it looks and what can be done better since I have hardly any practice I was hoping this was a decent first attempt and I hope to practice much much more at home in the near future.

Thanks all

Ben

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · basketball player, first time with strobe

Ben, it's a nice shot but the lost shadows make the lighting a bit harsh in my opinion. When you're shooting with one light, it always helps to reflect some of the light to fill the shadows, or set the exposure to bring in more ambient light. It's still a nice shot and I'm sure everyone will be happy with it.

Feb 21, 2013 at 01:45 PM
sandman22
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · basketball player, first time with strobe

Thanks for the tip I did not have any sort of diffuser with either unfortunately which would have helped I think
Ben

Feb 21, 2013 at 02:42 PM
Vince Muehe

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · basketball player, first time with strobe

It would have been nice to have had a light behind him to provide some rim lighting on the hair, which seems to blend into the background.

Nice shot.

Feb 22, 2013 at 08:23 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · basketball player, first time with strobe

nice pic -- I agree, a diffuser and another light on the hair would have helped

Feb 23, 2013 at 07:58 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.