Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Schneider Tilt/Shift Lens

pawlowski6132
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Schneider Tilt/Shift Lens

Has anyone used one of these by any chance? If so, is it worth the money?

Feb 21, 2013 at 02:41 PM
PeaktoPeek
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Schneider Tilt/Shift Lens

Correct me of I'm wrong but I think the Schneider only shifts, which for the price makes it pretty much a non-starter considering Nikon has A 24 that does both. If it were about $1000 less expensive, more people might have a go at it. I think I also read somewhere that there was a lot of CA, more than similar lenses.
Paul

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM
HelenB

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Schneider Tilt/Shift Lens

There are three Schneider PC-TS lenses (50 - 90 - 120) as well as the old shift-only 28 mm PC Super Angulon (which I have). I've been thinking of getting them (the 120 would need an adapter to use it on a Nikon) but I'm hesitating after seeing examples shot with the Schneider 50. The 90 looks OK, however. I'd like the independent shift and tilt axis movement that they, and the three Hartblei models, offer for Nikon. I have the three Nikon PC-E lenses, and the lack of that independent movement is their main drawback - oh, and the need for aperture control from the body.

There is a wider Schneider PC-TS lens supposed to be coming out this year - a 28 mm f/4.5.

Feb 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Strobo
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Schneider Tilt/Shift Lens

pawlowski6132 wrote:
Has anyone used one of these by any chance? If so, is it worth the money?

There was a thread on Schneider TS lenses on Luminous Landscape a year or two ago. IIRC the few people who tried them weren't overly impressed, especially at the price. Poor ergonomics and distortion seemed to be the major issues.

Short answer - most seemed to feel the lenses weren't worth the price.

If you'd like to get some hands-on experience you can rent them at lensrentals.com or borrowlenses.com.

Feb 21, 2013 at 11:42 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password