New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Using Text filter to search for photos LR 4 or 3

redbarn
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Using Text filter to search for photos LR 4 or 3

I'm having some challenges whenever I tried to use the text filter by using keywords and "all contain". I have changed to all etc and somehow it doesn't shot the photos. However, if I go the Rt Panel and go to Keyword list and use the "search" then I enter any of the keywords that I have attached to my photos and then, only then LR will populate the images.

I have double checked if indeed I've attached the correct keywords, and yes it shows that they correct. I'm facing the same problem in LR 3 or 4.

Any suggestions

Feb 20, 2013 at 07:39 PM
hugowolf
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Using Text filter to search for photos LR 4 or 3

redbarn wrote:
I'm having some challenges whenever I tried to use the text filter by using keywords and "all contain". I have changed to all etc and somehow it doesn't shot the photos. However, if I go the Rt Panel and go to Keyword list and use the "search" then I enter any of the keywords that I have attached to my photos and then, only then LR will populate the images.

I have double checked if indeed I've attached the correct keywords, and yes it shows that they correct. I'm facing the same problem in LR 3 or 4.

I have no idea what "I have changed to all etc and somehow it doesn't shot the photos" means.
Contains All seraches for images tagged with all the words you enter, For example, if you enter 'boy girl' it will only find those imgaes that contain both the words 'boy' and 'girl', but not images tagged with only 'boy' or 'girl'. If you want image that are tagged with either 'boy' or 'girl', then use Contains.

I don't see any Search in my right panel.

Brian A

Feb 20, 2013 at 08:34 PM
redbarn
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Using Text filter to search for photos LR 4 or 3

What I meant that I have applied the following settings when using text to search for photos

text - "contain all" "contain" "contain words" "don't contain" "start with" "end with" "are empty" "aren't empty"

Those are the "only choices" as provided by LR. Upper rt hand corner pull down menus

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:24 AM
hugowolf
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Using Text filter to search for photos LR 4 or 3

redbarn wrote:
What I meant that I have applied the following settings when using text to search for photos

text - "contain all" "contain" "contain words" "don't contain" "start with" "end with" "are empty" "aren't empty"

Those are the "only choices" as provided by LR. Upper rt hand corner pull down menus

Are you sure you have 'all photographs' selected in the left panel, not just a folder, subfolder, or collection?

Brian A

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM
tomrock
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Using Text filter to search for photos LR 4 or 3

Clicking Metadata (rather than Text) and putting Keywords in the list doesn't find what you're looking for?

Feb 21, 2013 at 05:56 AM
redbarn
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Using Text filter to search for photos LR 4 or 3

No I usually use the Text option then select "keywords". I have used all the options all, starting with .... I have been a bit successful by going on the lft panel (library module) then highlight folder that contains images. But it seems that I'm able to bring the images whenever I enter the keywords.

BTW, I just realized that the images in LR 4 are not showing the symbol showing that I have attached keywords to the images in LR 3.

Maybe I should post a separate post for this issue

Feb 24, 2013 at 08:00 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.