FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Trying to make something out of nothing

PeakPhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Trying to make something out of nothing

Went out last night in hopes of an epic sunset, by time I got out to my spot 30 minutes away from my house the light was all but gone with the exception of some nice clouds reflecting sunset light behind the mountain. So I busted out my 10 stop ND filter and the snowshoes and trekked my way through at least 5 feet of snow to get something.

Happy shooting,

Andy

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM
PeakPhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Trying to make something out of nothing

Being that this is my favorite shooting location.. here is what it looks like in the summer

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Trying to make something out of nothing

Hey Andy,

Well, you still came away with some nice shots. #2 really stands out to me. no wait, #3 is my favorite here, I like that foreground. That's interesting to see the difference with that summer shot, thanks for adding that. I will say your watermark though could be toned down a bit. Your watermark is very creative looking, too creative maybe... but when it's the first thing one notices, rather than the photo, then it should be toned down I think. The watermark is there to help protect the shot from getting stolen, but it shouldn't be the focal point of the shot.

Jim

Feb 21, 2013 at 02:16 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.