Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Adorama Vs B&H Lens rebate pricing

GOVA
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adorama Vs B&H Lens rebate pricing

Just went to Adorama and B&H to compare prices of Nikon 24mm f/1.4

Both sites factor in the current rebates in their price.

Now, the difference:

B&H: Item Total:$1,799.00

Adorama:

Regular Price: 2,199.00
Instant Rebate: - $200.00

Your Final Price $1,999.00

C'mon Adorama, we know it is free market and such but I find it rather low on your side.

Feb 20, 2013 at 04:09 PM
Thorsten
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adorama Vs B&H Lens rebate pricing

It's around 2000 on many other sites as well. Maybe B+H is running a sale on this lens on top of Nikon's, or made a mistake? Do we expect now that all prices are the same at all stores every minute?

Feb 20, 2013 at 04:37 PM
BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adorama Vs B&H Lens rebate pricing

So did you buy the lens?

Feb 20, 2013 at 04:47 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adorama Vs B&H Lens rebate pricing

as long as you can by the Samyang/Rokinon/Bower 24 f1.4 for $499 at B&H right now, neither price seems like the smartest way to spend my funds on a lens that really doesn't need AF

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/849813-REG/Bower_SLY2414N_24mm_f_1_4_Wide_Angle_Lens.html

Feb 20, 2013 at 05:34 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adorama Vs B&H Lens rebate pricing

If you are buying a $2,000 lens, you ought to be smart enough to do some vendor and price checking on your own.

Do I think these threads are appropriate? Not really.... It's no different than price policing the buy and sell board. Let the buyer beware. And anyway, the lens isn't in stock at B&H.

Having said that, looking at a list of various reputable on-line vendors I use, the lens swings back and forth pricewise on all of them. So, calling Adorama "low" is a little inappropriate.

Feb 20, 2013 at 05:51 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

GOVA
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adorama Vs B&H Lens rebate pricing

ckcarr wrote:
If you are buying a $2,000 lens, you ought to be smart enough to do some vendor and price checking on your own.

Do I think these threads are appropriate? Not really.... It's no different than price policing the buy and sell board. Let the buyer beware. And anyway, the lens isn't in stock at B&H.

Having said that, looking at a list of various reputable on-line vendors I use, the lens swings back and forth pricewise on all of them. So, calling Adorama "low" is a little inappropriate.

Thank you for all comments.

Yes, this is what I just did. I was smart enough, thanks for the complement, to compare both vendors as both are well known and have been used on several occasions.

In this direct given comparison, Adorama's price devaluates Nikon lens rebate.

In terms of policing FM for sale/trade forums, the owner sets the rules and one must obey them to participate.

Expressing an opinion about particular vendor and their pricing methods, is just an opinion.

Feb 20, 2013 at 06:39 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adorama Vs B&H Lens rebate pricing

GOVA wrote:
C'mon Adorama, we know it is free market and such but I find it rather low on your side.

We would, of course, match the price if you call in to one of our sales reps - and we do have it in stock......

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com

Feb 20, 2013 at 08:09 PM
j.liam
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adorama Vs B&H Lens rebate pricing

GOVA wrote:

This has got to be the most absurd thread in a while.

Where is it written that a private company 'must' meet its competitors pricing and offer you the same or better?

Why do you imagine you should be absolved of performing due-diligence when buying anything and the onus is therefore upon the seller to 'guarantee' you the best price?

No one owes you anything, notwithstanding the present-day socio-political zeitgeist in the US, Chicagoland and Western Europe (i.e., bankrupt civilizations where citizens imagine all sorts of pricey "stuff" as their 'right').

Feb 21, 2013 at 08:39 PM
rick2906
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adorama Vs B&H Lens rebate pricing

OMG she must be doing it just to piss you off!! Go wherever you find cheapest price and stop complaining! When I was shopping around some site had lower price but I purchase from a reputable seller and they did match the lowest price I found!! Sometimes just some nice inquiry go a long way

Feb 21, 2013 at 09:00 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password