Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

amonline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

I just grabbed a handful from the first page of a recent wedding. Not necessarily what I'd do to them (thus, no need for C&C), but I thought others might enjoy seeing more. I usually head to the lighter/cleaner side of things of course...

Edited on Feb 20, 2013 at 05:57 PM · View previous versions

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:47 AM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

IMO, the only VSCO presets worth using are their black and whites. The color stuff is just too trendy for me, though I'm sure many others will eat it up. Different strokes I guess.

Feb 20, 2013 at 01:02 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

I will say the B&W's in this set surprised the hell out of me. Probably their best B&Ws yet.

Feb 20, 2013 at 01:17 AM
mgauthierphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

Love the b&w.

-MG

Feb 20, 2013 at 01:37 AM
Inga
• • •
p.1 #5 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

deepbluejh wrote:
IMO, the only VSCO presets worth using are their black and whites. The color stuff is just too trendy for me, though I'm sure many others will eat it up. Different strokes I guess.

+1

Feb 20, 2013 at 04:20 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #6 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

The b&ws are definitely the standouts here but I like the process on #4 too. Looks nice and not too faddy looking.

brad

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Jeff Simpson
• • •
p.1 #7 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

looking forward to when this style dies

Feb 20, 2013 at 01:36 PM
relsah85
• •
p.1 #8 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

like others have said, the b&w's are good but i like the process on #8 as well

Feb 20, 2013 at 02:13 PM
StevenMI
• •
p.1 #9 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

I'm assuming there's no way to try these before you buy is there? I'd like to play around and tweak some of them to see if I can get something I like better than my current processing, particularly the b&w (#2).

Feb 20, 2013 at 02:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

TAGfan
• • •
p.1 #10 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

Does VSCO 03 have presets for Fuji? I think I read that somewhere...

Feb 20, 2013 at 02:31 PM
derbarrett
• •
p.1 #11 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

I like several of the color ones as well. 8 and 10 look nice to me.

Feb 20, 2013 at 02:33 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #12 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

TAGfan wrote:

Yup. Fp3000b and fp100c

Feb 20, 2013 at 02:36 PM
benee
• • •
p.1 #13 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

TAGfan wrote:

Yes - Set 03 has custom profiles for X series cameras.

Feb 20, 2013 at 03:01 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #14 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

4 reminds me of Nikon d800 color default.

Feb 20, 2013 at 04:08 PM
kwhaley29
• •
p.1 #15 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

Thank you for taking the time to share these with everyone!

Feb 20, 2013 at 05:23 PM
Brian Virts
• • •
p.1 #16 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

I think I have VSCO 1? Although, I think out of the box, the presets are pretty standard, WYSIWYG, i.e... trendy. I extensively modified one for a color preset, you wouldn't know it was a VSCO preset. So, I think there is some merit for their software, especially if skin tone is important to you. Modifying something to work with your shooting style and overall branding is much harder than pointing and clicking. That said, I do like many of the B&W presets with a few tweaks. Thanks for the post!

Feb 20, 2013 at 05:48 PM
Prettym1k3
• • •
p.1 #17 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

I guess I don't see the trendiness of it like some of you do. I use them. I tweak them to my liking adjusting grain, saturation, clarity, and sometimes color. But I like them. They've saved me countless hours.

I don't see a lot of people on these forums using straight VSCO, and I don't see a lot of people on other forums using straight VSCO. I do, however, see some local photographers (I live near San Francisco, so hipsters love this stuff) using VSCO, but again, to their own liking. And I've even talked to some photogs about what editing processes they use, and when they tell me their boiler-plate edit is VSCO stuff, I'm shocked.

I have Pack 01 and Pack 02. I also have VSCO keys which, to be honest, I find too slow for my purposes. The LR4 shortcuts work perfect for me already. But I'll definitely be buying Pack 03.

Feb 20, 2013 at 06:01 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · VSCO 3 Random Samples

Tagfan, Yes, there's a specific Fuji folder in this batch. It's the first thing I deleted. lol (I usually just keep the Canon files and toolbox)

If I get some time tonight, I'll try to post some more. As I said, I didn't really put any time into these... I just hovered and clicked something that looked nice. I'm not even sure what presets I used. lol However, the B&Ws are one-clicks. (with my sharpening and vignettes, though) Believe it or not, most of the exposure on those was "auto". I didn't feel like messing with it. Pretty damn good for auto.

Pretty, I pretty much agree. This pack isn't for everyone. Hell, it's probably for a select few. The profiles are a nice difference to play with; but like you said, I've never used a preset the way it comes. I cannibalize the presets pretty harshly to create my own. I'm really just using the "color" profiles. Everything else is "me". (not on the set above, of course)

Feb 20, 2013 at 06:03 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password