Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

There is a (seemingly) awesome Ipad app that is now available for purchase. It was originally only subscription based, and at $30 per month, it seemed a bit steep. But, they now have a one-time purchase option, and it is currently on sale for $200. That might still be steep for some, but if you do in person sales and have not been able to come up with a good system that works for your setup (like we have not been able to), this might be worth you checking out. We have not purchased it yet, but I think my wife will want to spring for it simply based on much easier it will make her life.

http://sellwithfiducia.com/

Feb 19, 2013 at 09:43 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

Nice find. Still seems a bit steep though just for convenience. This can all be done in LR. If they'd drop it to $49, they'd probably sell 10 times as much.

Feb 19, 2013 at 09:56 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

Wow, I seriously need to start developing apps for photographers.

That is ridiculous $ for an app that does not do much more than a slideshow.

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

SloPhoto wrote:
That is ridiculous $ for an app that does not do much more than a slideshow.

Did you even look at it? It does a ton more than just play a slideshow.

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

joelconner wrote:
Did you even look at it? It does a ton more than just play a slideshow.

Unless it does credit card processing, roes integration, or some other neat features I missed.... The rest is not much more than a slideshow.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:19 PM
mjoshi
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

SloPhoto wrote:
Unless it does credit card processing, roes integration, or some other neat features I missed.... The rest is not much more than a slideshow.

+1, not worth $200

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

SloPhoto wrote:

well, you can do the slideshow...and you can tie it into your appletv for airplay, you can sort through the photos with your client to select their images for prints, books, or whatever, you can use compare mode to cull the selections down to the number of images they should have (which we always have to do, since our couples tend to pick way too many), you can input all of your products so that you can get totals automatically, you can export the order so that it automatically goes to all of the people that need it. For how our business runs, that simplifies a ton of things. I personally don't care about cc processing (square or whatever is super easy and one click away) or roes processing (not sending proofs off to be printed anyway), but those other things would be a huge help to us.

I am sure it is not for everyone, but it seems like that for us, it would make life much easier.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

mjoshi wrote:
+1, not worth $200

Agreed. I don't see how this is any better than an online ordering system even if you display the online with the clients sitting with you. I guess the big difference is that it's via iPad

I'm truly trying to see a difference with this other than iPad use.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

joelconner wrote:
well, you can do the slideshow...and you can tie it into your appletv for airplay, you can sort through the photos with your client to select their images for prints, books, or whatever, you can use compare mode to cull the selections down to the number of images they should have (which we always have to do, since our couples tend to pick way too many), you can input all of your products so that you can get totals automatically, you can export the order so that it automatically goes to all of the people that need it. For how
...Show more

Yea, not saying it would not be useful. I am just saying that the developer did not spend much time working on it.

Feb 20, 2013 at 03:47 AM
mariomasitti

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

Hi everyone,

My Google Analytics was spinning tonight from this link! Thought I would jump in and share some thoughts on what inspired the design and creation of Fiducia.

The goal with Fiducia is to facilitate in-person sales in a seamless and engaging environment. I run a full-time low volume high revenue studio out of Denver. There are many solutions on the market today (ranging from gimmicky iPad applications, to full blown desktop solutions that do things like high resolution production, album/wall design, and more.) None of them address the fundamentals of what facilitates a successful sales session (especially for photographers new to sales), and more importantly none of them do so in a well-designed fashion.

Now if you are making an exuberant amount of money by simply posting your images in an online gallery or selling a disc, then by all means I am not here to change your mind and I urge you to continue to do what is working well for you. (I will say, if you make lots of money with online sales for portraits please PM me as I would love to do the same. ) If you absolutely love using LightRoom for sales, then continue to use it! I love LR and think it's wonderful for many things.

Until then, it is safe to say that almost every portrait photographer experiences a huge revenue increase when they sell their images in-person. I don't care how this is done. Printed proofs, an iPad, a laptop, a TV, a projector, a movie theater... it makes little difference. What does make a difference is the experience that you are giving to your client in providing a full blown personalized service and your clients become more invested in what/why you do.

Fiducia does not do everything. It never will. That was never the goal when I created it. The things it DOES do however... it does them extremely well, and it does them better than anyone else.

I am proud to say that Fiducia boasts many features that some or all of our competitors lack:

-True dual screen operation. No other software supports a dual screen experience that allows you to focus on the sales operations on one screen, and the client experience on another.

-Wireless second screen. When paired with an Apple TV, you can connect the iPad to the TV wirelessly and operate your client's experience with no cables. No solution comes close to an out of the box functionality like this that just works and works and works.

-LR inspired sorting and comparing. This is more of an iPad feature, but proofing/portfolio software lacked a clean way to easily manage your sales experience. If you have done an in-person sales before with two divorced parents and the rogue grandmother, you will immediately understand why this is so important.

-Show to size. If you are in your clients home projecting on their wall, the app has an algorithm that allows you to show what their image will look like at actual size.

-A full blown shopping cart, that also allows you to tap a button and show the order on the screen (so when your client asks which wallets they ordered, you're not fumbling around).

-Ease of use! It's an iPad app. Some of our competitors have intro videos that are an hour long. Who the hell wants to spend hours and hours learning an application? Sales is daunting enough if you're new. So it was important that someone could download the app, and figure out 80% of it in the first 10 minutes of using it. The other 20% I have a 3 minute video that covers every feature. In a world where 160 characters is too long it was of great importance to have something that someone could pick up, import their shoot, and use it successfully in a sales session within the hour and not feel overwhelmed.

There are many other smaller features (slideshow duration/transition, personal branding that is seamless throughout the app, amazing one-on-one customer service, etc.) of course that make it a very well rounded solution, but I am proud to say we're doing a lot of things in the industry that no one else is.

There are some very monumental things being developed right now for summer... and others we are waiting on technology to get just a LITTLE better. (to the person who recommended ROES... absolutely. We're in discussions with some fantastic print labs about making this happen and as soon as technology catches up with our ideas you bet you'll see this available.) In the grand scheme of things, $200 is less than 1/7 of our average users first session with Fiducia and they almost always justify their entire sales kit (let's say an iPad, a TV/projector, some sample products, and the app itself) plus some on the first sale.

I'm more than happy to setup any FM member with a complimentary subscription for you to play around with it and try it, and as with any user of Fiducia I offer one-on-one customer service (seriously... I FaceTime with probably 10-15 photographers a day and exchange well over 300 emails a day) to help photographers make the most out of their sales experience.

Thanks to everyone for checking it out and providing feedback. It's when people don't say anything at all that I will start to be concerned.

Cheers,

-Mario
hello@sellwithfiducia.com

Feb 20, 2013 at 03:54 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

Ohhhhh. This sounds amazing. Can't wait to check it out. Don't think I'll be in the market for a couple months due to the upfront cost, but when portrait season swings around, it might be perfect for what I do.

Feb 20, 2013 at 06:29 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

ok so if you're complaining about price, then you either know how to run your own stuff well and it works for you or you don't pull enough coin in print sales to justify the price.

I could make an app like this for me but I am lazy. HAHAHA plus, I dont pull post sale coin like some people do. I make my money up front and anything after is a bonus for me

I looked at the app and it is pretty bad ass. If post sales were in my business model then I would buy this in a second. Since a lot of my customers are out of state and we don't ever do fac to face after a wedding, then this wont do it for me.

I would still promote this to people I know because it does look useful and awesome. Now, if it were cheaper. Say $50. I would but it in a heartbeat. Just to have in case I needed in person sales.

Feb 20, 2013 at 03:52 PM
G-Gore
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

hmm...

- photo reviews via HDMI or AirPlay
- slideshows
- prints ordering
- CC processing

I already have all of that on my iPad running Zenfolio gallery :-)

Feb 20, 2013 at 09:10 PM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

200? Lightroom takes whole lot longer to develop and cost less that this app. but if you need it, you need it, go for it.
To me this app should be price around 25-50 dollars, the most.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Ryan Britton
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

mariomasitti wrote:
There are some very monumental things being developed right now for summer... and others we are waiting on technology to get just a LITTLE better. (to the person who recommended ROES... absolutely. We're in discussions with some fantastic print labs about making this happen and as soon as technology catches up with our ideas you bet you'll see this available.) In the grand scheme of things, $200 is less than 1/7 of our average users first session with Fiducia and they almost always justify their entire sales kit (let's say an iPad, a TV/projector, some sample products, and the app
...Show more

Before you put too much time into the printing aspect, be aware that the iPad has zero color management support. It completely ignores any ICC profile embedded in the images even as of iOS 6.

Feb 21, 2013 at 04:50 AM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

Ryan Britton wrote:
Before you put too much time into the printing aspect, be aware that the iPad has zero color management support. It completely ignores any ICC profile embedded in the images even as of iOS 6.

You could easily bake some profiling into the rendering if you had to (really not hard to do). Deploying to fixed hardware makes several things quite a bit easier.

Honestly though, Roes type integration would be a very large task with very minimal return. I did not mean to imply that it was a needed thing, but that sort of feature set might justify such a huge price tag.

Feb 21, 2013 at 04:55 AM
JakeB.
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

This does look pretty sweet and the idea of a one-time purchase does make it a bit more appealing than the subscription service, but its still too rich for my blood.

I use the Portfolio app for my sales. It allows dual screen use via HDMI, with a slightly different and more viewer friendly view on the secondary screen.
It has the ability to rate images and then filter by rating, and has an area for notes for each image.
There's a good brand presentation allowed by importing your logo, or whatever you like, and the galleries have quite a bit of flexibility as well.

If this app was in the $40-50 range, I would consider it... The app I currently use I paid $15 for.

Feb 21, 2013 at 05:11 AM
jprezant
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

the new ipads can mirror their display on apple tv's without a 3rd party software I think. And you could just load zenfolio and do the exact same thing. Seems pretty, but unnecessary.

Feb 21, 2013 at 09:38 AM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

paparazzinick wrote:
ok so if you're complaining about price, then you either know how to run your own stuff well and it works for you or you don't pull enough coin in print sales to justify the price.

Just because someone does not agree about the price point does not mean any of the above. I personally just don't see the value in the product at it's current price point. The "perceived" value is simply not the same as yours. There are other options that have similar functionality for less money....at least that may be the perception of others.

Feb 21, 2013 at 03:35 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fiducia Ipad Sales App...

Ryan Britton wrote:

Thats where you are wrong!

Last week we were prepping image for print and using Pro profiles. We were meeting with a new client that day too and decided to drop those files on our ipad since we didnt have time to get prints back in time for the meeting. When we opened them on the ipad they were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off from what was on screen. Couldnt figure it out then decided to export them with our ipad action we created a few years back. The color profile we had in the action is srgb. When we dropped those on the ipad, they looked 100% to what was on our screen.

So to test it, I took 3 images and exported them with srgb, argb and prophoto. srgb and argb all looked exactly the same on ipad and computer. prophoto did not.

Feb 21, 2013 at 07:25 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password