New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sekonc RT-32CTL

fcobb
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sekonc RT-32CTL

I'm finding that the only reliable communication from this device to the PW Flex TT5 is only through the Mini TT1. Is this correct or should it communicate directly with the Flex TT5?

Feb 19, 2013 at 02:34 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sekonc RT-32CTL

It should talk to the FlexTT5 if the channel is the same. However if there is a flash on the Flex (and that seems likely) there may be a problem with the flash emiting RFI that blocks the signal from the RT.

I know that's a confirmed problem with some Canon Speedlites, and there is unconfirmed information that some Yongnuo flashes are doing the same.

Have you downloaded the firmware upgrade for your FlexTT5(s)? If not, you can get it here:

http://www.sekonic.com/Products/All/Accessories/RT-32CTL-Radio-Transmitter-Module-for-L-358-and-L-758-series.aspx

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM
fcobb
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sekonc RT-32CTL

BrianO wrote:
It should talk to the FlexTT5 if the channel is the same. However if there is a flash on the Flex (and that seems likely) there may be a problem with the flash emiting RFI that blocks the signal from the RT.

I know that's a confirmed problem with some Canon Speedlites, and there is unconfirmed information that some Yongnuo flashes are doing the same.

Have you downloaded the firmware upgrade for your FlexTT5(s)? If not, you can get it here:

http://www.sekonic.com/Products/All/Accessories/RT-32CTL-Radio-Transmitter-Module-for-L-358-and-L-758-series.aspx

Nope, Nikon SB800, No RFI issues

Feb 20, 2013 at 01:20 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sekonc RT-32CTL

What about the firmwarre upgrade?

Feb 20, 2013 at 05:13 PM
fcobb
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sekonc RT-32CTL

Thanks for your responses.

Flex TT5Version 3.150
Set to TTL=13 CH1
Set to TTL=14 CH2

L358 set to TTL =25 ( Accor to ch mapping chart)

Testing fires flash once and once only have to turn the flash off then on to get another actuation
If I activate the TTI and test fire once from the TT1 the flash will actuate from the L358 every time.
This isn't the reaction the documentation explains. My understanding is that it should communicate directly with th TT5, Correct?

Feb 22, 2013 at 08:13 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sekonc RT-32CTL

fcobb wrote:
...If I activate the TTI and test fire once from the TT1 the flash will actuate from the L358 every time. This isn't the reaction the documentation explains. My understanding is that it should communicate directly with th TT5, Correct?

It sounds like it is communicating directly with the TT5 after the initial TT1 handshake. Maybe that first one is required to set all the channels and such, but that's just a guess.

An e-mail to Pocket Wizard's tech support might get autoritative answers.

Feb 22, 2013 at 02:34 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sekonc RT-32CTL

Assuming your Speedlight is in manual you have to trigger it with the mini after each adjustment. Check out the YouTube video on the sekonic and controltl systems and see if you have everything right. I just watched a few since I'm getting a new meter that will take the PWs module.

Mar 07, 2013 at 10:20 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.