Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A composite BIF

nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · A composite BIF

I have two BIF of the same bird, one is dynamic but blurrred, the other sharp but not so interesting. I had this vision of blending them. How do you like it?

Feb 19, 2013 at 04:08 PM
Bernie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · A composite BIF

Interesting idea.

You might try a closer crop with the background image larger and desaturated, creating a kind of backdrop.

Feb 19, 2013 at 04:46 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #3 · A composite BIF

It might work at some level as an abstract but if your intent was to produce a more-or-less real representation of the bird, it misses the mark for me. It looks to me to be pretty much what it is: a sharp image overlaid onto another image that is blurred.

I think a panning shot that motion-blurred the background while keeping the bird relatively sharp would produce a better compromise of sharp details with implied motion. A flash shot with second-curtain sync would be another alternative, although perhaps difficult for a nature shot such as this.

Feb 19, 2013 at 04:52 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · A composite BIF

As an artistic rendering, the concept is a potentially interesting one, but I think this one misses for a few reasons ... hue/wb and tonal values are problematic between the two images, in addition to the blur/sharp transitions.

I think Bernie is on track at using the blurred subject to frame the sharp subject rather than as one being an extension of the other. But, even with that, I'm still not seeing anything compelling in these two images for the viewer here ... just some experimental play and pride of authorship wanting it to be more than it likely can be (been there, done that ).

Feb 19, 2013 at 05:08 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · A composite BIF

Bernie wrote:
Interesting idea.

You might try a closer crop with the background image larger and desaturated, creating a kind of backdrop.

As the matter of fact, I have started to do just that for the backgound. I even have even another idea of replacing the background all together with an image of sky&cloud.
Will how it work out.

I just quickly worked on this picture with the jpg versions I posted on nature&wildlife forum. I will take it more seriously and work with the Raw versions.

Feb 19, 2013 at 05:28 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password