Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Logo question

jeepman83706
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Logo question

looking to do a little rebranding. i did a search and couldn't find the name of the place, but isn't there a place online where you pay $99 or something and have a bunch of designers take a shot at a logo for you and you pick the winner? anyone use this service? link?

thanks!

Feb 19, 2013 at 03:14 PM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Logo question

You may be thinking of 99designs.com, but their business logos start at $299.

Feb 19, 2013 at 03:25 PM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Logo question

99designs is probably the most popular one... but there are others. I don't think that any of them are as low as $99 though.

Feb 19, 2013 at 03:39 PM
kwhaley29
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Logo question

I'm running a design contest on 99Designs right now. The minimum is $299. I'm still in the first phase of the design process and so far it has been a mixed bag of entries. At first I thought that I was probably going to ask for a refund once the first round was finished but eventually I started to get some designs that I liked and opted to go ahead and guarantee the contest (meaning that a design would be chosen as the winner).

I used Illustrator to design my first logo and although it is "OK" it really isn't all that interesting. I wanted someone with a different perspective to take a crack at it and this has allowed me to see a pretty good variety of options. On the downside, the people who are competing are simultaneously working on other contests so you have to wonder whether they're truly giving it their best effort in terms of creativity. I think that in the final round you get to narrow it down to 6 designers and I would imagine that being a finalist might cause some people to step up their game. Having said that, I currently have a handful of designs that I'd be happy with right now so I'm eager to see what the final outcome will be.

If you do decide to use 99Designs I would suggest making it a Blind contest. I had several designers contact me and ask me to do that so others wouldn't copy their work.

Feb 19, 2013 at 04:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Logo question

^When it's done you should post a thread here with the winner and your complete thoughts on the process.

Feb 19, 2013 at 05:50 PM
jeepman83706
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Logo question

ah thank you. maybe that's how the 99 slipped into my brain

@kwhaley29: yes, would be curious what the final product is and how you think it went overall!

Feb 19, 2013 at 07:37 PM
kwhaley29
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Logo question

I'd be happy to share my experience with anyone who is interested.

Feb 19, 2013 at 07:40 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password