Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Youth Hockey

divmedic4

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Youth Hockey

Hello all. I am new to the site and this is my first post. I have gotten some feedback/critique on another site that included the recommendation to join this forum because of the great advice from members. With that said, here are some shots from a sprite house select game this weekend. Any critique and advice is greatly appreciated. All shots are with Canon 7D, Sigma 70-200 OS F2.8 1/640 with ISO either 1600 or 2000.

1)

20130216-149 by Divmedic4, on Flickr

2)

20130216-085 by Divmedic4, on Flickr

3)

20130216-048 by Divmedic4, on Flickr

4)

20130216-014 by Divmedic4, on Flickr

5)

20130216-010 by Divmedic4, on Flickr

Feb 18, 2013 at 01:44 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Youth Hockey

nice shots - and good first post

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM
rddayton
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Youth Hockey

Let me be the first to welcome you to the Fred Miranda site. And there's nothing quite like jumping right into the deep end of the pool by posting hockey pics in the Sports Forum for your first post. Kudos to you.

I like what I see. The colors look nice. Good white balance (which as you know can be a nightmare in hockey rinks.) Nice sharp images. Like the first two, but you could think crop even tighter. Three is nice, but I personally am not crazy about profile shots (and a minor nit-pick you lost the blade of his left skate.) #4 is really nice. Good work keeping the puck in frame -- and I love his eyes locked on the puck. The only photo I'm not crazy about is number 5. No puck. No action. Five sticks and nothing really going on.

Hope that helps. There are a bunch of really talented hockey shooters here on the Sports Corner (DJ Dunzie is the tzar of our hockey regime. Sounds like an intimidating title, but he's a real teddy bear) Reach out to them. They are always willing to talk shop but it looks to me like you are off to a good start.

Edited on Feb 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM · View previous versions

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:25 AM
divmedic4

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Youth Hockey

CW100 - Thank you for the compliment.

rddayton - Thank you for the welcome and the detailed feedback. For #5, I went back and looked at the original when you mentioned no puck. In the original, I actually cut the puck in half with the shot so tried this crop to save it. I look forward to getting to talk shop with you and other here.

Feb 19, 2013 at 12:05 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password