New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Up to $300 off with new Canon instant rebates

jvphotos
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Up to $300 off with new Canon instant rebates

There are gullible, purely 'sale crazy' driven impulse buyers in every market.

There was a great article a few weeks ago about how JC Penny was ending its "we're never running sales again, we're just going to have low prices every day from now on!" campaign because it was a total failure. People don't buy based on research or rational thought. They buy on impulse and desire and whim. The myth of the rational human is a ridiculous fantasy. Canon and BH and every other business (including JC Penny now lol) realize this, and price their goods accordingly.

When we stop being irrational beings they'll stop doing this

Feb 21, 2013 at 07:05 PM
DRosdahl
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Up to $300 off with new Canon instant rebates

spotch wrote:
There was a great article a few weeks ago about how JC Penny was ending its "we're never running sales again, we're just going to have low prices every day from now on!" campaign because it was a total failure. People don't buy based on research or rational thought. They buy on impulse and desire and whim. The myth of the rational human is a ridiculous fantasy. Canon and BH and every other business (including JC Penny now lol) realize this, and price their goods accordingly.

When we stop being irrational beings they'll stop doing this

True statement.

Feb 22, 2013 at 09:36 AM
jvphotos
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Up to $300 off with new Canon instant rebates

FWIW, I don't exclude myself from this. My first non-friend lens buy was a LN(?) 28-135 from KEH because I thought it was a good price and I didn't realize how awesome the for sale forum here was. I didn't pay through the nose or anything, but I would've saved a good 40-50 bucks if I had bought from someone on here.

I think we've all probably had a purchase or two that we made before we knew the best way to go about buying products and the best places to find deals. It can be difficult for people to stay "up to speed" and know the best value for everything they buy, especially with everyone living such a busy life as it is. Or maybe I'm just gullible

On the bright side, the impulse buyers making less-than-well-informed decisions just means more R+D money for Canon

Feb 23, 2013 at 01:08 PM
alexdi
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Up to $300 off with new Canon instant rebates

The market's doing a fair job revaluing Canon products. I'm thinking of the 24-105/4L in particular. $1100 new, but I've seen mint copies dip into the $600s on EBay and under $750 on Craigslist. Likewise for the 70-300 DO: $1400 new, $650 used. The 70-300 IS, $500 new and under $300 used. I expect something similar will happen with the 24-70/2.8 II thanks to Tamron.

Feb 23, 2013 at 01:15 PM
jvphotos
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Up to $300 off with new Canon instant rebates

I sure hope so

Feb 23, 2013 at 02:42 PM
AnthonyRay
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Up to $300 off with new Canon instant rebates

At least the 600EX-RT is down into realistic territory.
I bought it at B&H on the last rebate for $549 before it went up to $569, and now it's at $559. It depends on where they decide to set the current retail price - B&H is calling it $609 today instead of $629. Looking around, there are some deals to be had depending on who is pricing current retail at what.

The 24-105 to me is a kit lens, and should always be at around $500! Just like you'd never buy the 18-55 at it's retail price since with a camera it's less than $100, same goes for the 24-105. This is also why it's on Craigslist for so little, just like Canon printers. Buy it for almost nothing as a kit, and sell it new for a bit of a profit!

Feb 23, 2013 at 03:54 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Up to $300 off with new Canon instant rebates

I see that the 70-300 IS is around $1400 now and I might want one for a June mission. Will it be about the same price after the rebate ends?

EBH

Mar 02, 2013 at 12:11 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.