Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              11      
12
       13              71       72       end
  

Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread
  
 
Ian Boys
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #1 · p.12 #1 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


Just out of interest, apart from the better MF, why are people getting the x100S? Genuine question, because I'm so tempted to get one but not sure I can justify it.


Apr 30, 2013 at 08:38 PM
jeremy_clay
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #2 · p.12 #2 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


Ian Boys wrote:
Just out of interest, apart from the better MF, why are people getting the x100S? Genuine question, because I'm so tempted to get one but not sure I can justify it.


It is the perfect take anywhere/street camera. No longer do I have to choose lugging a dSLR (not to mention *gasp* choosing a lense!) everywhere if I feel like shooting for myself...it's a fixed lense, ready to go all in one body. The fast AF is nice, but so is the dead silent shutter, build is good for the price, and I actually enjoy MF on it too. Really, to pick apart files at ridiculous magnifications with this camera especially seems to miss the whole point of it.



Apr 30, 2013 at 09:00 PM
rattymouse
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #3 · p.12 #3 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


Ian Boys wrote:
rattymouse that's a nice photo. Is it Suzhou?


The night shot is from Suzhou. The day shot was from Kyoto.

Thanks for the kind words.



Apr 30, 2013 at 09:09 PM
zquaratella
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #4 · p.12 #4 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


alepacca wrote:
Other HERE


Bellissime fotografie! You mention the reason I'm planning on adding the x100s to my collection. I often find myself leaving the 5d at home only to discover a multitude of beauty in the world that I have only my iphone to capture.



Apr 30, 2013 at 09:37 PM
Ian Boys
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #5 · p.12 #5 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


jeremy_clay wrote:
It is the perfect take anywhere/street camera. No longer do I have to choose lugging a dSLR (not to mention *gasp* choosing a lense!) everywhere if I feel like shooting for myself...it's a fixed lense, ready to go all in one body. The fast AF is nice, but so is the dead silent shutter, build is good for the price, and I actually enjoy MF on it too. Really, to pick apart files at ridiculous magnifications with this camera especially seems to miss the whole point of it.


Yes, I have that with the x100. But, as I said, apart from the MF, why would I get the S model? I want to (G.A.S.) but ....



Apr 30, 2013 at 09:37 PM
J_Andrew
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #6 · p.12 #6 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


Ian Boys wrote:
Yes, I have that with the x100. But, as I said, apart from the MF, why would I get the S model? I want to (G.A.S.) but ....


I didn't have an X100, so what I can say about the X100S in comparison is based on things I've read:

The biggies seem to be faster autofocus, actual usable MF (I shoot MF much of the time with it, very slick), and the newer sensor (which can also be seen as a disadvantage).

Have you seen the change list Fuji has posted?




May 01, 2013 at 12:22 AM
kwoodard
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #7 · p.12 #7 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


J_Andrew wrote:
I didn't have an X100, so what I can say about the X100S in comparison is based on things I've read:

The biggies seem to be faster autofocus, actual usable MF (I shoot MF much of the time with it, very slick), and the newer sensor (which can also be seen as a disadvantage).

Have you seen the change list Fuji has posted?


I was just going to post that. I am very intrigued with the X100s... I hope to be able to handle my friends for a bit to see if I like it.



May 01, 2013 at 01:14 AM
Ian Boys
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #8 · p.12 #8 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


old x100








May 01, 2013 at 06:44 AM
Ian Boys
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #9 · p.12 #9 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


Thanks, I'll have a look at the change lists ...


May 01, 2013 at 06:45 AM
Ian Boys
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #10 · p.12 #10 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


Right - the things I like

1) MF / Focus Peak
2) Faster start up <1 sec means I wouldn't have to leave the camera on for street
3) I can see myself using Pro Neg Hi. I wonder what it looks like in real use. Anyone use that?
4) I know it makes no sense to do it in camera, but I'd actually use 1:1



May 01, 2013 at 06:49 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #11 · p.12 #11 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


That first shot is a stunner, Ian! Where is that?


May 01, 2013 at 06:49 AM
Ian Boys
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #12 · p.12 #12 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


Thank you!

It's Elgol on the Isle of Skye, Scotland. The light was pretty flat but by the evening the kids were too tired from walking for us to head back.



May 01, 2013 at 09:47 AM
J_Andrew
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #13 · p.12 #13 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


kwoodard wrote:
[I was just going to post that. I am very intrigued with the X100s... I hope to be able to handle my friends for a bit to see if I like it.


I'm loving it (X100S). It's really a fun camera. Finding myself shooting aperture priority, auto iso, manual focus most of the time. You can use the AE/AF button to auto-focus, then press the control switch above that to immediately zoom from OVF to zoomed EVF with peak focus...and then a quick press to go back to OVF. Quick, easy, accurate.


I've just discovered the ability to shoot RAW and then process with the film styles in-camera. That, along with a tether and card reader for my tablet will make uploading images pretty slick as well.

Ian, Pro Neg (both versions) are pretty good. I found Velvia to often be too saturated for what I shoot, but the pro negs and the B&W options are pretty neat. Still playing with them....

A walking-around shot from when I first got it

And one night shot - handheld,. 1/40s @ f/2,8, 6400 iso

Both shot RAW and converted in LR with no PP.



May 01, 2013 at 08:31 PM
lucdeschepper
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #14 · p.12 #14 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


X100









May 01, 2013 at 08:45 PM
alepacca
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #15 · p.12 #15 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


zquaratella wrote:
Bellissime fotografie! You mention the reason I'm planning on adding the x100s to my collection. I often find myself leaving the 5d at home only to discover a multitude of beauty in the world that I have only my iphone to capture.


For a month I'm leaving at home my 1D mk III at home for the heavy and quality of X100s...



May 01, 2013 at 09:02 PM
Ian Boys
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #16 · p.12 #16 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


thanks J_Andrew.

Please could an x100s owner(s) clarify for me:

When manual focussing, does focus peaking only happen in the zoomed in view or can you get it in the standard EVF view as well?

Thanks!



May 01, 2013 at 09:40 PM
renfield33
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #17 · p.12 #17 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


i sold my x100, bought an om-d and i kind of miss the x100. the focus was so slow though!


May 02, 2013 at 02:35 AM
asbalyan
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #18 · p.12 #18 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


Boring Ohio... Near Columbus, OH... X100 captures

(3 pics pano stitched with PTGui, handheld)



Dam:


Cheers,



May 02, 2013 at 06:19 AM
rextilleon
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #19 · p.12 #19 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


Anyone hear anything about when the camera will be back in stock in the US. I'm chomping at the bit!


May 02, 2013 at 12:43 PM
selzoc
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #20 · p.12 #20 · Fujifilm X100/X100s Thread


Ian Boys wrote:
thanks J_Andrew.

Please could an x100s owner(s) clarify for me:

When manual focussing, does focus peaking only happen in the zoomed in view or can you get it in the standard EVF view as well?

Thanks!


It happens in the EVF/screen on the back, zoomed in or not. You can set it so that it automatically zooms in when you move the focus ring, or you can use the button to zoom in.



May 02, 2013 at 02:13 PM
1       2       3              11      
12
       13              71       72       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              11      
12
       13              71       72       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password