New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              108      
       110              156       157       end

Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

Codda

Upload & Sell: Off
p.109 #1 · p.109 #1 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

I owned the x100 s/t. Loved both of them ... Finally sold my 100t to concentrate on building and using just my X T2. It was then I realized my mistake - I subsequently sold the X T2 and went back to the x100 F. The camera produces wonderful images .. extremely feature rich and allows you to enjoy your environment while capturing moments with precision and simplicity. Never a thought about lenses etc. is great when you want to concentrate on experiences and documentation simultaneously. Some of the most creative and ecclectic photos I've seen are from these cameras. Nice and small yet very capable. Maybe not for everyone but I spent too much time vacillating on lenses and travel kits, bags, etc ... Still own a non Fuji interchangeable mirrorless for other technical occasions.

May 26, 2017 at 06:44 AM
RSSmith
• • •
p.109 #2 · p.109 #2 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

charles.K wrote:
What does everyone think and feel about the X100F?

I am quite enjoying mine. I think it's a significant, if not earth-shattering, improvement over the X100T.

20170506 017b by Ron Smith, on Flickr

May 26, 2017 at 06:49 AM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.109 #3 · p.109 #3 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

Thank you Coda and Ron I do remember I had been with Canon when I moved to digital format from film for about 10 years and then when Leica first brought out the M9 I was captivated with the simplicity and pure fun of capturing images again. I thought the Sony A7 series would continue, but he lenses just grew again. This is why I first migrated to Fuji XP2 and XT2 and for now I have the XF 18 and 27 as my light to go pack. But I hope to pick up the X100F very soon.

If I need larger FF format for more serious work, I have my D750 and D810. I think we often take the approach that it just has to be one format/system but I am convinced of the form factor/ergonomics of the X100F having spent some time with the camera as serious fun.

I was also suggested the Leica Q which I am sure I would love but prices in Australia are very high.

It was interesting the other evening, my wife and I were enjoying our anniversary dinner and the photos I took were with the Samsung S8+ purely that I wanted a very small camera to capture our evening even though I had my D750 nearby. This is where I see the X100F really capturing life's special moments

May 26, 2017 at 07:51 AM
jigesh
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.109 #4 · p.109 #4 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

X100F is interesting, but I'll wait till Nikon Df 2 (or whatever they call their equivalent centennial special) and Sony's rumored RX1r mk3 announcements, both of which may not be as small (and as cheap) as X100f, but for a compact FX, may be more compelling than Leica's current Q model.

May 26, 2017 at 08:29 AM
Lakemcd

p.109 #5 · p.109 #5 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

charles.K wrote:

I wanted to put it up against my RX1 for it's feature set, evf and usability. Perhaps I had a poor lens sample on the X100f, but I found the difference in image quality was more significant than I had anticipated, even when shooting @ iso 200 with the subject 20 feet away. I really wanted it to work out, and may even try another sample of it. Thank goodness for return policy.

Ergonomically it felt very similar to my XE2 with one very noticeable exception; I found setting the aperture exceedingly awkward, in that one must find the tabs on the aperture ring to change the aperture - I guess I'm use to just feeling for the knurled indentations of all my Fuji lenses and the RX1.

Things I liked about the the X100F over the RX1 include: Auto focus speed, viewfinder, film sims, and man is that silver body gorgeous! But depending on your priorities for a used price of about $900 US the RX1 is pretty hard to beat if image quality, build and reasonable user experience is on the list.

Here's a link to some informal images I posted on another site comparing the two:

http://www.fujix-forum.com/threads/x100f-shipment-update.66533/page-11

I took the RX1 on the Camino de Santiago in Spain last year and will likely take it again this year to Spain on a different route, it is one solid travel camera.

Cheers

May 26, 2017 at 10:31 AM
Scho
• •
p.109 #6 · p.109 #6 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

Codda wrote:
I owned the x100 s/t. Loved both of them ... Finally sold my 100t to concentrate on building and using just my X T2. It was then I realized my mistake - I subsequently sold the X T2 and went back to the x100 F. The camera produces wonderful images .. extremely feature rich and allows you to enjoy your environment while capturing moments with precision and simplicity. Never a thought about lenses etc. is great when you want to concentrate on experiences and documentation simultaneously. Some of the most creative and ecclectic photos I've seen are from these cameras.
...Show more

I did the same. First bought an XT-2 with 3 lenses, used it for one trip and sold it when I returned. Previously owned an X100S which I should have kept. Now have the X100F and I'm very pleased with the camera and image quality. Excellent for travel.

May 26, 2017 at 11:09 AM
johnahill
• • • •
p.109 #7 · p.109 #7 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

Cycled out to some local farmland for last light with the X-70

First one is handheld multi shot stitch

May 26, 2017 at 06:19 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.109 #8 · p.109 #8 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

Lakemcd wrote:
charles.K wrote:

I wanted to put it up against my RX1 for it's feature set, evf and usability. Perhaps I had a poor lens sample on the X100f, but I found the difference in image quality was more significant than I had anticipated, even when shooting @ iso 200 with the subject 20 feet away. I really wanted it to work out, and may even try another sample of it. Thank goodness for return policy.

Ergonomically it felt very similar to my XE2 with one very noticeable exception; I found setting the aperture exceedingly
...Show more

Thanks Gary. My wife's father lives close by in Pontevedra. I had a look at your images and really I don't see any issues as we are only looking at website viewing.

I have had the RX1 when it first arrived and then the RX1r. My problem at the time that the RX1 SD card slot jammed after 6 months while I was in Taiwan on business so no spare camera at the time. I do thank camera bodies now that do have 2 slots. The RX1 was still under warranty but it took Sony 8 weeks to even respond in Australia and after I threatened legal action on FB. At the time Sony service was abysmal, but it has improved. Still there is only one service center and no other service center can service Sony.

Sony did replace the RX1 after 12 weeks, and I opted then for the RX1r. The IQ with the RX1 and RX1r are wonderful, superb 35mm lens but still the ergonomics and AF speed/accuracy is now somewhat dated with all the options available. My preference would be the RX1rII now but it is priced at 5200 AUD in Australia which is crazy for now. In this line of thinking I would opt for the Leica Q used for about 3800 AUD.

If I need FF I opt for the D750/D810, and for travelling I use the D750 with a small lens like the 50/1.8, used pricing about 1500 AUD for the package.

If I do opt for Sony again, I would choose a used A7rII with a "pancake like" lens for light to go travelling.

May 26, 2017 at 06:36 PM
Scho
• •
p.109 #9 · p.109 #9 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

X100F, Acros, N/W split toned in LR

May 27, 2017 at 02:34 PM
jigesh
• • •
p.109 #10 · p.109 #10 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

charles.K wrote:
.......The RX1 was still under warranty but it took Sony 8 weeks to even respond in Australia and after I threatened legal action on FB. At the time Sony service was abysmal, but it has improved......

Based on what I hear from friends and read on the Internet, both Sony and Leica have poor repairs related customer service. Very ironic considering the price premium they charge on their "high-end" models. Bug fixes, firmware updates are also relatively rare if at all. A7 series may be an exception since Canikons compete here.

May 28, 2017 at 07:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

charles.K
• • • • • •
p.109 #11 · p.109 #11 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

jigesh wrote:
Based on what I hear from friends and read on the Internet, both Sony and Leica have poor repairs related customer service. Very ironic considering the price premium they charge on their "high-end" models. Bug fixes, firmware updates are also relatively rare if at all. A7 series may be an exception since Canikons compete here.

To be fair, Sony has improved servicing in Australia alot, but there is still only one service centre. Having had Leica for about 5 years, generally were very good, albeit slow. Often they would provide a loan body or lens.

That said Nikon and Canon have multitude of service centres so you have many options.

May 28, 2017 at 08:52 AM
RSSmith
• • •
p.109 #12 · p.109 #12 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

Detroit, X100F

20170527 010b by Ron Smith, on Flickr

May 28, 2017 at 09:11 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.109 #13 · p.109 #13 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

RSSmith wrote:
Detroit, X100F

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4276/34803554601_4de4eda4a6_h.jpg20170527 010b by Ron Smith, on Flickr

This is the kind of shot that makes me wanting to know more. The look on the boys faces of suspicion and mistrust and the proud and protective mother.

Nice one!

May 28, 2017 at 09:32 AM
RSSmith
• • •
p.109 #14 · p.109 #14 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

leighton w wrote:
This is the kind of shot that makes me wanting to know more. The look on the boys faces of suspicion and mistrust and the proud and protective mother.

Nice one!

Thanks Leighton!

My wife and I were at Eastern Market. I spotted this family and was trying to position myself for a shot, when my wife stepped into the frame unexpectedly. The smaller boy appears to have been looking at her and the older one at me.

Might have been their first trip into Detroit. They certainly did look apprehensive.

May 28, 2017 at 10:04 AM
Scho
• •
p.109 #15 · p.109 #15 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

The pond and viewing gallery at Sapsucker Woods lab of ornithology in Ithaca, NY. X100F Provia and Acros

May 28, 2017 at 01:38 PM
shelt
• •
p.109 #16 · p.109 #16 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

First day with the X100f, my first Fuji since the S1 DSLR in 2001! Here's the Golden Gate Bridge on its 80th anniversary - Velvia, X-Transformer

Golden Gate Bridge on its 80th Birthday by Rich Shelton, on Flickr

May 28, 2017 at 11:18 PM
Emile Gregoire
• • • •
p.109 #17 · p.109 #17 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

Bought an X100F recently after lugging around Canon pro DSLRs for many years, both professionally and for fun. I'm smitten! What a joy to use. I'm seriously contemplating getting rid of one of my Canons and a bunch of primes and get an X-Pro2 or X-T2 and a few primes instead. I think I'll postpone that decision for 6 months and in the meantime enjoy the X100F almost exclusively.

Lower East Side, NYC

Lower East Side, NYC

Nightfall, Upper West Side, NYC

May 29, 2017 at 07:08 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.109 #18 · p.109 #18 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

This morning I received my X100F. I absolutely love the size/weight and ergonomics of the X100F. The 23mm lens is great lens. It has many personalities and reminds me of my M 35 Cron Pre Asph.

First shot with the X100F in the office. The AF was wide with Face and Eye AF.

May 30, 2017 at 10:45 PM
jigesh
• • •
p.109 #19 · p.109 #19 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

Charles: Congratulations! Nice captures! Did you get black or silver? Waiting to hear more about your impressions as you use it more. Thanks! I must say, I am semi-tempted to get it but I am not a street-shooter, so may not see real use, just some GAS.

May 31, 2017 at 06:26 AM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.109 #20 · p.109 #20 · Fujifilm X100 Series Image Thread

jigesh wrote:
Charles: Congratulations! Nice captures! Did you get black or silver? Waiting to hear more about your impressions as you use it more. Thanks! I must say, I am semi-tempted to get it but I am not a street-shooter, so may not see real use, just some GAS.

Thank you very much I did get the black as more for the stealth of not being noticed. I must admit the the form factor is very conducive to just taking the X100F for a walk Kudos to Fuji as it is a very well thought out camera. I am also loving the XT2 with XF 18 and 27 lenses. Having my FF D750 and D810 made me rethink my Fuji system as truly a light to go and have fun system. There is a place for both

Another quick observation as I originally saw in the XPro2 was that using the hybrid viewing slowed down the AF marginally. Reverting to just EVF the AF is back to normal. The X100F is the same.

May 31, 2017 at 07:19 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.