Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6      
       8              16       17       end

Archive 2013 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Paul Mo
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

And Mr. Gregory Rogalsky, if you are reading these posts - man up Mr. 'Martial Artist' and do the right thing.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rogalsky-Combatives-International/151775458223515

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:17 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Paul Mo wrote:
And Mr. Gregory Rogalsky, if you are reading these posts - man up Mr. 'Martial Artist' and do the right thing.

So it is him I guess he will not be doing any more sales here the BLANK BLANK

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:22 PM
dennisgibson
• • • •
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

I tried working with him for 5 days before posting this. He just refused to admit what he did was immoral and make it right.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

dennisgibson wrote:
I tried working with him for 5 days before posting this. He just refused to admit what he did was immoral and make it right.

He sucks and I hope Karma gets him and I sure it will, I personally have had great luck with Canadians most have morals I guess there always has to be one bad apple in the bunch

Edited on Feb 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM · View previous versions

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:32 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

dennisgibson wrote:
Phil sent me a link to a few pics from his archives and after zooming about a million percent it does look like the same date code of the one he sold to him although it was a little blury in the pic.

Yes, if the month is the same, then we are very likely talking about the same lens here. I can not recall ever seing two 200 f/1.8s made in the same month, and I have looked at quite a few different 200 f/1.8 sales on ebay since 2006.

Tom, your lens with the "C" year code was made in 1988, i.e., the lens model release year, although I think I might have seen a copy with "B" code, which means that Canon began to make those lenses in 1987.

The hood of your lens should have a seam in it , and the lens then came with a green trunk, not aluminum/beige one of later years.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

jcolwell wrote:
I think Peter is a smart feller (I pass on the spoonerism ) but I disagree about the 'accelerated aging' theory, as evidenced by the 'latter' photos.

That puppy has experienced many, many years of sustained use; lots of bag wear, at least a few dings, and probably some more severe events. That doesn't mean that it can't take most excellent photos, but it's definitely not what you signed up for. Also, it appears that the seller had malicous intent. Good luck with this.

PetKal wrote:
Jim, that "accelerated ageing" I thought was only possible, but I do agree with you, perhaps not likely, which then would suggest that the lens Dennis just got may not be the same lens which Phil sold to that feller a year ago.

What can you say? It's all so impersonal. The original seller knows exactly what's up, and the rest of us, including Dennis, are left with just the evidence. Speaking of evidence, it's pretty clear that the original seller is a cad and a fraud. Regardless, Dennis was pooched, and he needs restitution. Between Fred and AmEx, I expect things will work out OK.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.7 #7 · p.7 #7 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

tanglefoot47 wrote:
He sucks and I hope Karma gets him and I sure it will, I personally have had great luck with Canadians most have morals I guess there always has to be one bad apple in the bunch

Thanx Mikey, that's a nice thing of you to say.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:36 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.7 #8 · p.7 #8 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

tanglefoot47 wrote:

PetKal wrote:
Thanx Mikey, that's a nice thing of you to say.

+1

Right back at you, Mike.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.7 #9 · p.7 #9 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

tanglefoot47 wrote:
...I personally have had great luck with Canadians most have morals

Yep, we have some super murals here, for sure! There's a great one on a retaining wall that I drive by every day - it's like a mile long. Plus, we have all kinds of walls and buildings downtown with great murals. Also the mailboxes and traffic light control boxes have great graphics, too. Stops most of the tags.

Oh carp! You said morals, not murals...

we're all in this together.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.7 #10 · p.7 #10 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

jcolwell wrote:
Yep, we have some super murals here, for sure! There's a great one on a retaining wall that I drive by every day - it's like a mile long. Plus, we have all kinds of walls and buildings downtown with great murals. Also the mailboxes and traffic light control boxes have great graphics, too. Stops most of the tags.

yes we are we don't need this kind of crap

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • • •
p.7 #11 · p.7 #11 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Wow. I can't believe anyone would try to get away with something like this

Clearly the lens was misrepresented and any reasonable person would conclude that a fraudulent transaction was intended.

I hate reading these type of threads - like many of you I'm too trusting - and something like this chalks up another reason to employ extreme caution when buying and selling.

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.7 #12 · p.7 #12 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

jcolwell wrote:

"Murals" indeed.

Sadly, Dennis was supposed to be enjoying a mint 200 f/1.8 lens for which he paid promptly and probably handsomely, and not be exposed to this sort of aggravation and a major expenditure of time. Who the hell needs or may expect this sorta hassle on B&S forum ?
It's sad to see an upstading member being swindled in such a manner.

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.7 #13 · p.7 #13 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

PetKal wrote:
"Murals" indeed.

Sadly, Dennis was supposed to be enjoying a mint 200 f/1.8 lens for which he paid promptly and probably handsomely, and not be exposed to this sort of aggravation and a major expenditure of time. Who the hell needs or may expect this sorta hassle on B&S forum ?
It's sad to see an upstading member being swindled in such a manner.

Goes to show it can even happen here guess it makes one more Leary even here

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:18 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.7 #14 · p.7 #14 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

tanglefoot47 wrote:
Goes to show it can even happen here guess it makes one more Leary even here

Yes. Makes me leery, too; especially that Timothy Leary guy - man, was he ever spaced out! LSDC-what...?!?

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:25 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.7 #15 · p.7 #15 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

jcolwell wrote:
Yes. Makes me leery, too; especially that Timothy Leary guy - man, was he ever spaced out! LSDC-what...?!?

Another great American right?

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.7 #16 · p.7 #16 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Man, how far off-topic can we go, without some(peter)body saying something? C'est la vie. N'est ce pas?

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.7 #17 · p.7 #17 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

jcolwell wrote:
Man, how far off-topic can we go, without some(peter)body saying something? C'est la vie. N'est ce pas?

Well hell your right

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:33 PM
outlawyer
• • •
p.7 #18 · p.7 #18 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

When this particular lens is involved, a lens most on this sub-forum would give a body part for, the pitchforks and torches come out in force.
If medieval justice were available, the seller would simply be turned over to the FM Canon Mount SLR forum membership for protracted and painful retribution.

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:44 PM
EyeBrock
• • •
p.7 #19 · p.7 #19 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Unfortunately trust and cash purchases on the internet have limits. I've never had a problem on the forum but I stick to Canadian buyers and sellers so any fraud etc can be dealt with by Canadian law enforcement or other local agencies. Cross border deals present diificulties for redress.

Feb 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.7 #20 · p.7 #20 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

There's something about his avatar that speaks volumes about his character. Maybe the 'light' side will rise up and squash the 'dark' side and he'll handle this like an honest man. I hope so.

Feb 18, 2013 at 01:17 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.