Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              16       17       end

Archive 2013 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

EltonTeng
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Get your money back and keep the lens. That will really teach the seller!

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:26 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

That's good to know, Jerry.

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:27 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

I'd file a charge back with your credit card company.
They will file a dispute. I would say that you were given a lens that is not as described. You have the pictures to prove it. I would tell them that he won't accept a return.

You will more than likely collect your money and keep the lens...or he will be forced to eat the shipping to get it back.

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:29 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Dennis -- Sorry you have to go through this. I hope it works out for you in your favor, soonest.

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:30 PM
RogerC11
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

RobertLynn wrote:
I'd file a charge back with your credit card company.
They will file a dispute. I would say that you were given a lens that is not as described. You have the pictures to prove it. I would tell them that he won't accept a return.

You will more than likely collect your money and keep the lens...or he will be forced to eat the shipping to get it back.

Best of both worlds!

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:31 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Bones74 wrote:
IIRC the fella in question is well versed in martial arts... might need a posse Failing that I (optimistically) hope he sees the error of his ways without to much further hassle for the OP.

Eh, don't worry so much about that. Trust me, I tell students that I've got a black belt in Judo and I've NEVER learned a secret move that disables an opponent that has a gun or is hoped up on crank. I tell them to "be somewhere else".

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:32 PM
blonde
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

wow, that sucks Dennis. honestly, since it is clear that this is not a simple misunderstanding but straight up fraud, i don't think you should give the guy any breaks. just send him an email and notify him that you have opened a claim with Amex, PAYPAL and USPS and that it would be in his best interest to simply give you a full refund. seriously, things like this makes me sick. just imagine if everybody here took pictures of their gear when they first got it and used that for their For Sale thread.

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:36 PM
time2clmb
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Leave poor feedback on his name right away so others don't have to deal with this guy. Also, the person is from Airdrie, i'll keep an eye out around Banff...i'm out shooting virtually every morning or evening. I don't want any scammers around here. Not too worried about the martial arts claim, true or not *shakes head*

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:45 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Dennis, I don't know you or the seller of this lens. However, I am kind shocked at the facts as you have portrayed them. I'm also puzzled about taking this to the court of public opinion - when even the most basic questions are not being asked by the forum participants. For example: how well was the lens packaged? Was anything in the box with the lens? What did the box look like when it arrived? Why do the chips look so fresh...showing bright base metal where the paint had been?

Any item described as "mint" should not have a mark on it of any kind. It's condition should match "new" or "like new" - no exceptions. That the seller questions "what chips" could mean something happened between him sending the lens, and you receiving it. Everyone being so quick to interpret the little info we have, and to determine proper punishments - is what is motivating me to respond to this thread.

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:58 PM
docnlaw24
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

James Markus wrote:
Why do the chips look so fresh...showing bright base metal where the paint had been?

Not a chance. This is a well worn lens and has not been mint for years.

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:03 PM
blonde
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

James Markus wrote:
Dennis, I don't know you or the seller of this lens. However, I am kind shocked at the facts as you have portrayed them. I'm also puzzled about taking this to the court of public opinion - when even the most basic questions are not being asked by the forum participants. For example: how well was the lens packaged? Was anything in the box with the lens? What did the box look like when it arrived? Why do the chips look so fresh...showing bright base metal where the paint had been?

Any item described as "mint" should not have a
...Show more

we are making our judgments based on the responses that Dennis got from the seller. a few years ago i sold a lens that was damaged in shipping. when the seller complained, my first response was "send me picture of the damage and i will take care of it" not " I thought I was selling it to a "seller" not a "collector". also, this sort of damage is NOT caused by shipping and i know that from buying and selling hundreds of items. this lens has been used and used hard in the field which is ok but you can't call it mint or even very good.

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:07 PM
Bones74
• • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

RobertLynn wrote:
Eh, don't worry so much about that. Trust me, I tell students that I've got a black belt in Judo and I've NEVER learned a secret move that disables an opponent that has a gun or is hoped up on crank. I tell them to "be somewhere else".

Wise words Robert I'm sure the OP will end up happy without too much in the way of histrionics. As many have pointed out there are ways of getting this sorted through proper channels.

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:09 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Unbelieveable! If this is what was advertised and what you got instead no matter if the len works fine or how much you paid. It is a clear case of fraud. "Mint" means it looks and works like "new" althoug it was used. What you got looks like heavy used in a battle.

I would try to get my money back AND denounce the seller.

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:11 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

wow thats pathetic, I'd be so pissed.

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:12 PM
Bones74
• • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

docnlaw24 wrote:
Not a chance. This is a well worn lens and has not been mint for years.

Absolutely, and I remember the thread where the seller was showing off his "new to him" purchase (for use on 5Dmk2). I'm pretty sure, but happy to stand corrected, he didn't buy the lens new himself so it's unlikely to have even been mint when he got it, let alone now.

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:13 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

James Markus wrote:
Why do the chips look so fresh...showing bright base metal where the paint had been?

Wow!!!!!!! What a clueless response! That's BRASSING you're seeing, excessive wear.
It sure didn't come from shipping/packaging or lack thereof. It was ridden hard and put up wet.
Dennis received a beater, plain and simple. It takes years to turn "mint" to crap, years! Wow!!

Edited on Feb 17, 2013 at 05:15 PM · View previous versions

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:14 PM
Bones74
• • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Ralph Conway wrote:
....AND denounce the seller.

I think this thread is doing a good job of that already. He was named early on.

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:14 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Sorry, my english is so bad. waht I wanted to say is I would report it to the police!

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:19 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

I guess NikkorAIS is a jackass.

ciprian.trofin wrote:
Your last "MINT" picture looks like this one:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1184947/0#11308498

Is NikkorAIS the well respected photographer ?

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:22 PM
John Caldwell
• • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Was the original set of images you show here described by the seller as images of the actual lens being sold, or just images of what he felt was representative of the lens he was offering?

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:25 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.