Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              15      
       17       end

Archive 2013 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

jvphotos
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.16 #1 · p.16 #1 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

anthonysemone wrote:
Here's the RFF thread on which NikkorAIS features himself.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117593&page=9

"And also it was about the society's norms of what is acceptable behaviour of photographer's and there subject's."

Wow... looks like he treats his communication skills like he treats his lenses.

Feb 23, 2013 at 01:14 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.16 #2 · p.16 #2 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Dennis, I hope you do get your money back, but did you actually trade those lenses as well?

Greg, even though your account is locked, if you're reading this, I never thought you would pull something as dishonest as this. I am disappointed. You need to do the right thing, and make this right, as you're not setting a good example for your kids, who probably know how to google your name, and may come across this thread.

Feb 23, 2013 at 04:47 PM
_SBS_
• •
p.16 #3 · p.16 #3 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Any update? Us drama lurkers would like to know...

This thread made me feel like I was part of a gang. I geeky gang sure, but still a gang.

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM
trueimage
• • •
p.16 #4 · p.16 #4 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

holy crap

sorry he is giving canadians/humans a bad name. hope everything works out.

Feb 26, 2013 at 01:00 AM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.16 #5 · p.16 #5 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Amex files a chargeback almost imediately with PayPal. PP puts a immediate hold on the funds when AMEX notifies them of a chargeback. If the funds have been withdrawn, they attempt to pull them from your bank account. If that doesn't work, they go after your credit card.

Then, they hold the funds until its all settled. If they can't get the money, and its a lot, they may assign it to a collection agency. It can be very rough on the person involved.

Feb 26, 2013 at 08:07 PM
Wobble
• • •
p.16 #6 · p.16 #6 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Holy crap, 300+ posts and 30,000+ views. This is almost as big as the Freebe, Nada, Zip thread.

Feb 26, 2013 at 09:11 PM
dennisgibson
• • • •
p.16 #7 · p.16 #7 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Dennis, I hope you do get your money back, but did you actually trade those lenses as well?

Greg, even though your account is locked, if you're reading this, I never thought you would pull something as dishonest as this. I am disappointed. You need to do the right thing, and make this right, as you're not setting a good example for your kids, who probably know how to google your name, and may come across this thread.

I didn't trade any of my lenses for it. I paid for the whole thing and I'm actually glad I didn't trade because my mint lenses would probably already look like shit after 2 weeks with him throwing them around

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM
dennisgibson
• • • •
p.16 #8 · p.16 #8 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

_SBS_ wrote:
Any update? Us drama lurkers would like to know...

This thread made me feel like I was part of a gang. I geeky gang sure, but still a gang.

I guess I'm the leader of the geeky gang! No updates yet. Paypal is still waiting for him to respond and I think he has until tomorrow (10 days from the claim) to reply, then I guess he officially loses. Who knows when I'll get my money back though

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.16 #9 · p.16 #9 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

dennisgibson wrote:
No updates yet. Paypal is still waiting for him to respond...

Have you involved the police or postal inspectors yet? This is a clear case of fraud, and I think needs to be pursued as such so no one else is victimized in the future.

His comment that "I thought I was selling to a shooter, not a collector" is typical of con men, rapists, and others with narcissistic personality disorder: blame the victim.

I don't care if the lens was sold to a shooter, a collector, or a fetishist that wants to take the lens to bed; the ONLY thing that matters is that he offered a mint-condition lens and didn't deliver one.

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:50 PM
TehCourtJester

p.16 #10 · p.16 #10 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

NightOwl Cat wrote:
You need to do the right thing, and make this right, as you're not setting a good example for your kids, who probably know how to google your name, and may come across this thread.

It's very interesting how much I can learn about my fathers behavior by simply typing his name into Google. I'm going to go have apologize for this deliberate scam, as I find it absolutely ridiculous as to why he would do something like this. I'm assuming it is because he is trying to scrape together as much money as possible as I'm quite sure he is moving out of his apartment with little time to spare until it is necessary to leave, however I really wouldn't know; I purposely don't talk to the man anymore. Whatever the case, it still doesn't justify what he did, or attempted to do anyway.

If need be dennisgibson, send me an email at [email protected] and I will work with you to the most of my ability to fix this.

- Nicholas Rogalsky

Feb 27, 2013 at 05:23 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.16 #11 · p.16 #11 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

^^^^^^^
If that's genuine then that about sums the guy up .

Feb 27, 2013 at 05:53 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.16 #12 · p.16 #12 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

So here's the question .

Assuming Dennis' claim with his PayPal and/or his CC is successfull . I assume not responding to PayPal leaves the guy without much hope of countering the claim. So then on the assumption that Dennis gets his money paid back to him should he:-

Send the lens back to its scumbag owner and just walk away from this whole thing .

Or

Keep the lens and use it as is . He'd have got it for free (well less time and effort ) . It probably shoots fine .

I must say I'd be very torn on what to do. One side of me wants to say well its not mine (when I had the ones safely back in my bank) so he can have the thing back . But then the other half of me thinks well the guy tried to rip me off and showed no remourse so to hell with him . Plus if the lens went back the scumbag is most likely to try and do it again to someone else. And that person may not have read this sorry tale and be unlucky enough to fall for the gift PayPal option and have no way to recover the money .

Oh and one other thing . Reading the blog posted on here I just couldn't stop thinking 'what a complete tool' . The bit about having his swords and knives stolen from his car . Well that's just great isn't it yet more bl@@dy weapons knocking around on the street . If you can't keep that sort of stuff from getting into the wrong hands then don't have it .

Feb 27, 2013 at 06:12 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.16 #13 · p.16 #13 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

I think it's only fair to return an item for which you get a full refund, provided the seller pays for the return shipping.

Feb 27, 2013 at 06:53 AM
irish-george
• • •
p.16 #14 · p.16 #14 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

jcolwell wrote:
I think it's only fair to return an item for which you get a full refund, provided the seller pays for the return shipping.

+1 And, I wouldn't want anything to remind me of the guy.

Feb 27, 2013 at 08:44 AM
96Brigadier

p.16 #15 · p.16 #15 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

jcolwell wrote:

x2, but if he doesn't want to pay for the return shipping then he's out of luck.

Here's hoping for a satisfactory outcome.

Feb 27, 2013 at 09:40 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.16 #16 · p.16 #16 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Not returning the lens upon receiving the refund ? What kind of a conduct would that be ? In the style of the Canadian Senate perhaps ? Well, I believe honest and honorable people would not do such thing.

I'd return the lens even if I had to pay for the (economy) shipment out of my own pocket. There is a bad karma associated with that lens, and I would not want it in my possession one minute longer than needed.

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Milezero00
• •
p.16 #17 · p.16 #17 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

So what's the latest with this scumbag?

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Bones74
• • •
p.16 #18 · p.16 #18 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

PetKal wrote:
Not returning the lens upon receiving the refund ? What kind of a conduct would that be ? In the style of the Canadian Senate perhaps ? Well, I believe honest and honorable people would not do such thing.

I'd return the lens even if I had to pay for the (economy) shipment out of my own pocket. There is a bad karma associated with that lens, and I would not want it in my possession one minute longer than needed.

That lens doesn't deserve to go back to GR. The poor thing needs some serious TLC Aren't they fairly rare these days? As you say though, the right thing to do is go back to the status quo before this unfortunate transaction took place.

Feb 27, 2013 at 02:38 PM
mpmendenhall
• • • •
p.16 #19 · p.16 #19 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

like father, like son?

TehCourtJester wrote:
... feed the disillusionment their collective identity has any authority in the base of affairs. ...

The FM "collective identity" actually seems to do a pretty good job. These forums self-police to certain norms of behavior and modes of discourse, producing different-feeling discussions than you will find on other photo forums (which express their own "collective identities"), all without heavy-handed interference from single moderators. I personally like reading and posting here because of the community produced by the "authority of the collective identity" distinctive to this site. If you don't like it here, there are plenty of other internet discussion boards with their own character that might better attract characters like you.

Feb 27, 2013 at 05:54 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.16 #20 · p.16 #20 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Tell ya what, Court Jester (a fitting moniker if I ever saw one), tell your old man to get off his #4)#%###@ and make it right!!! Sad state of affairs when an old man has to recruit his son to justify his old man's behavior.

Feb 27, 2013 at 06:06 PM
       17       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

17       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.