Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · NCAA Baseball-George Mason vs High Point

shaneroper
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · NCAA Baseball-George Mason vs High Point

A few from the 1st game of the two I shot yesterday...

Feb 17, 2013 at 02:44 PM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · NCAA Baseball-George Mason vs High Point

6-10

9-Just hit a home run and came into the dugout, had the shot but liked this better

10-The kids were having fun..they built this and a mega phone out of cups and tape

Feb 17, 2013 at 02:49 PM
gome1122
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · NCAA Baseball-George Mason vs High Point

I really like 7. Shows the expression and the thought of the game. A great mood to the photo.

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:37 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · NCAA Baseball-George Mason vs High Point

Shane: A technically strong series. My biases: #1 is stock, stock, stock. Nice shot, but nothing happening. I'd like #2 a lot better if I saw him hitting the bag. #3 is fine; 4 is better; 5 is my favorite of the bunch (probably due to your framing and the anticipation of the shot). Oddly (given my comments on #5), 6 does nothing for me, and same with 7 and especially 8 given the closed eyes--increasingly there is a feel of crops that are too loose given the relative absence of action. 9 has no context without the explanation you've provided--could be reacting to a joke behind the batting cage. 10 is a nice behind-the-scenes grab. Obviously you are on your game with the technical quality of the images. Now let's see some baseball.

Feb 17, 2013 at 07:19 PM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · NCAA Baseball-George Mason vs High Point

Russ, Thanks for the feedback and I agree with you on almost all your comments..Sometimes you get what you get Please take a look at my second baseball gallery, I think it will be more action in there. I was able to move to the 1st base side and I think you get better shots from that side, the first game I couldn't the sun was really limiting me. It also helps to have some action in the right spots or you get stuck with some what stock shots..at least for me, maybe as I get more experience I will find a way to get more compelling shots..I do appreciate the comments and I am working hard to get better as with players sometimes it takes a game or two to get back into it..
Shane

Feb 17, 2013 at 08:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · NCAA Baseball-George Mason vs High Point

One for redemption!

Feb 18, 2013 at 06:42 PM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · NCAA Baseball-George Mason vs High Point

12..with a minor flaw..

Feb 18, 2013 at 06:47 PM
dj dunzie
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · NCAA Baseball-George Mason vs High Point

Shane... I love this set all through. Man, it's great to see outdoor sports again. Nice crisp images, good color and sharpness. Capture-wise, 6 and 7 are weaker IMHO, but I see (and like) what you're doing with the rule of thirds in many of these. Nice stuff!

Feb 18, 2013 at 09:14 PM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · NCAA Baseball-George Mason vs High Point

^+1...can't wait to get outdoors.

Chris

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password