Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · A few from Badwater...

teked
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · A few from Badwater...

Very cool stuff, Dean. Like the opposing perspective on these. The clouds in the second are awesome.

Cheers.
Ed

Feb 20, 2013 at 09:22 PM
Tread

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · A few from Badwater...

They are nice shots. I think you could have done a bit more with composition, using the features of the ground, the cracks and such, to create leading lines, leading the viewers eye through the scene. Also, doesn't seem like a 30 second exposure was all that necessary in the second shot. What was the reasoning behind that?

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:41 PM
DSC01
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · A few from Badwater...

Tread thanks for your feedback and comments, with regards to the composition of the first, my goal was to work the texture of the salt pan to create the fg element as well as main focus of this image , if my viewer did not find his way to the back of this image I think that would be ok here (IMO). The background elements for me on this one are simply playing a supporting role.
The reasoning for the long exp on the 2nd image was to capture the cloud movment on the front end of the cloud which if you look closely was achieved, several images of this scene done prior to this shot at shorter exposures did not yield the same effect. The cloud movement is slightly more dramatic in the b/w version of this shot: (see below) However I found the combination of the early eveing color with the cloud to be more appealing in contrast to the other b/w image posted.
Thanks again and I hope I gave you some more insight into my thought process for these shots.
regards, Dean

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · A few from Badwater...

Very nice imaging from this wonderful place, Dean.

Feb 21, 2013 at 08:28 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #5 · A few from Badwater...

You got some interesting cloud formation on the second image. The long exposure added a lot of drama to it.
Great job!

Feb 21, 2013 at 11:21 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password