Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Looking for two or three trail partners for Glacier Natio...

matthewh133
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Looking for two or three trail partners for Glacier National Park (USA)/Canadian Rockies in August.

Mark Metternich wrote:
Just double up on the bear mace and go for it!

I can get spooked enough in Australia walking through the woods alone in the night, yet alone in Montana with grizzlies, bull moose and mountain lions around!

Apr 07, 2013 at 12:44 AM
time2clmb
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Looking for two or three trail partners for Glacier National Park (USA)/Canadian Rockies in August.

Hey got your message and forgot to reply. I'll be around so give me another PM closer to the date and will try and meet up.

Apr 07, 2013 at 08:06 PM
matthewh133
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Looking for two or three trail partners for Glacier National Park (USA)/Canadian Rockies in August.

Bumpskies. Still looking for one or two more for the trip. Especially for Glacier National Park.

Apr 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM
matthewh133
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Looking for two or three trail partners for Glacier National Park (USA)/Canadian Rockies in August.

Bump

May 26, 2013 at 02:50 AM
Camperjim
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Looking for two or three trail partners for Glacier National Park (USA)/Canadian Rockies in August.

I am not surprised that it is difficult to find someone who exactly matches your schedule and hiking interests. I would not be too concerned. Only the Lake Moraine area requires a group. You can always wait at the trailhead and start a group or join another group.

I don't know any area in Glacier that requires a group. I have hiked a lot of remote trails alone and I can appreciate your concern. If you stick to the popular day hikes you should have no problem. You can join another group or just walk a bit ahead or behind. It is not something you want to count on, but most of the bears even the grizzlies seem used to people and not concerned. Make some noise and carry bear spray. Tens of thousands of people hike those trails and incidents are extremely rare.

May 26, 2013 at 04:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

ryanpfleger
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Looking for two or three trail partners for Glacier National Park (USA)/Canadian Rockies in August.

Hey, I am very interested in joining you if you're still looking for people. I am a bit out of your age bracket (35), but I ran 17 miles yesterday with several thousand feet of elevation gain. Granted, I was only carrying an RX100, not a D800, but I think there is a good chance I can keep up. And if I can't, you can leave me for the griz! Right now, I am only free August 2nd through the 9th, but I can work on freeing up some more time on either end. I live in Idaho which is only a long day's (14) hours drive away. I'll PM you with my contact info.

May 27, 2013 at 01:08 AM
MBrewington

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Looking for two or three trail partners for Glacier National Park (USA)/Canadian Rockies in August.

Mark has a good point.😃😃. Another thought would be to expand your age group to include some of us older and SLOWER photographers. That way when you do encounter mama grizzly, she'll be gnawing on us while you run for safety.😜😜😜. Enjoy your trip. I plan to be in Glacier next week for a few days.

Jul 06, 2013 at 03:32 AM
MBrewington

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Looking for two or three trail partners for Glacier National Park (USA)/Canadian Rockies in August.

Mark has a good point.😃😃. Another thought would be to expand your age group to include some of us older and SLOWER photographers. That way when you do encounter mama grizzly, she'll be gnawing on us while you run for safety.😜😜😜. Enjoy your trip. I plan to be in Glacier next week for a few days.

Jul 06, 2013 at 03:32 AM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Looking for two or three trail partners for Glacier National Park (USA)/Canadian Rockies in August.

matthewh133 wrote:
Bumpskies. Still looking for one or two more for the trip. Especially for Glacier National Park.

Hi, do you have specific dates yet?

I would love to go back to Glacier National Park. It is a place that one MUST hike in a group to a LOT of the good locations and more so at dusk and dawn where animal activity is pretty high. It is no joke. Because of the terrain LOT of animals are funneled into the same trails used by people unlike Yellowstone where they are more spread out. Most of the fatal to near fatal Bear attacks have been due to one or two people surprising a Mama Bear with cubs.

This year it is a great year to go because Bear Grass is blooming great all over the park like it has not done in many years.

Jul 06, 2013 at 03:55 AM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password