Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Sony NEX vs. Olympus u4/3rds?

bobbytan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · Sony NEX vs. Olympus u4/3rds?

Is this a mirrorless camera

kewlcanon wrote:
D7100 yummyyyy

Detailed Nikon D7100 specs:

24.1MP CMOS sensor
6fps
No AA filter (similar to the D800E)
51 AF point, 15 cross-type
Built-in HDR function
2016-pixel RGB sensor
3.2" 1,229k dots LCD screen
Dual SD card slots
EXPEED 3 processor
ISO range: 100-6400
Video: 1080p @ 60i/50i/30/25/24 fps plus 720p @ 60p
Compatible with the WU-1a wireless mobile adapter

Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/#ixzz2LUkR8f5s

Feb 21, 2013 at 05:37 AM
Jeff Kott
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · Sony NEX vs. Olympus u4/3rds?

bobbytan wrote:
Is this a mirrorless camera

No Bobby, it's a non sequitur.

Feb 21, 2013 at 07:00 AM
ddjohns1

p.4 #3 · Sony NEX vs. Olympus u4/3rds?

After looking at all the options, I decided to go with the Fuji X-E1.

I think the advantages of the APS-C size sensor, low light performance,small size, and the really great Fujinon lenses are very attractive for a travel/vacation camera. I bought it with the 18-55mm and the 35mm 1.4 lenses after seeing some great bundle deals on Amazon. (They discount the 18-55 by $300 and the 35mm 1.4 by $200 when you buy them with the body.) Hopefully I can add an ultrawide (14-15mm) and moderate telephoto (85-100mm) later. Camera arrives later this week.

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread with information about the OM-D and NEX 7. Both are good cameras as well.

Mar 03, 2013 at 05:48 PM
String
• •
p.4 #4 · Sony NEX vs. Olympus u4/3rds?

Shot Nikon for years, sold off all my Nikon stuff after a shoulder injury and went m43 (OM-D) mostly due to lens selection. From everything I've seen and using a friends XE-1 for a week, you certainly didn't make a bad choice. I really liked the images from the Fuji and if there was better raw support when I bought my OM-D, I could have lived quite happily with it. Nice camera that's capable of wonderful image quality, congrats!

Mar 05, 2013 at 07:48 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

kewlcanon
• • • •
p.4 #5 · Sony NEX vs. Olympus u4/3rds?

+1. Sensor size matters .

String wrote:
Shot Nikon for years, sold off all my Nikon stuff after a shoulder injury and went m43 (OM-D) mostly due to lens selection. From everything I've seen and using a friends XE-1 for a week, you certainly didn't make a bad choice. I really liked the images from the Fuji and if there was better raw support when I bought my OM-D, I could have lived quite happily with it. Nice camera that's capable of wonderful image quality, congrats!

Mar 05, 2013 at 02:10 PM
Jman13
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #6 · Sony NEX vs. Olympus u4/3rds?

The X-E1 is a great camera...I'm enjoying mine immensely (I too have the 35/1.4 and 18-55, but I bought the 18-55 later, so I didn't get the extra $200, and didn't feel like doing a wholesale return and repurchase to get kit bundles.)

Both are very good lenses, and the X-E1 is a really good camera to use. Just don't expect great AF performance in lower light...it can really struggle at times in situations where the other systems will thrive. For that reason, I'm still hanging on to my m4/3 gear for sure (plus, there are some lenses that aren't there for Fuji yet), but the X-E1 is seeing a lot of use right now.

Mar 05, 2013 at 02:20 PM
frezeiss
• •
p.4 #7 · Sony NEX vs. Olympus u4/3rds?

I think the problem with sony is they didnt cater the advance enthusiast market too seriously. If at first they were releasing a 24 1.4, 35 1.4 and 50 1.4, I think they'll be market leaders by now.

With Zeiss also producing lenses for X mount, it becomes harder to pick Sony over Zeiss. Especially if the XE-2 has a tilt screen, PDAF and touch shutter.

Mar 05, 2013 at 03:03 PM
ddjohns1

p.4 #8 · Sony NEX vs. Olympus u4/3rds?

frezeiss wrote:
I think the problem with sony is they didnt cater the advance enthusiast market too seriously. If at first they were releasing a 24 1.4, 35 1.4 and 50 1.4, I think they'll be market leaders by now.

With Zeiss also producing lenses for X mount, it becomes harder to pick Sony over Zeiss. Especially if the XE-2 has a tilt screen, PDAF and touch shutter.

I agree with this. The main factor in going with the Fuji vs. the NEX was the lens roadmap. I think Fuji really "gets it" when it comes to enthusiasts. Good lenses are for life. The lenses not only have wide apertures, but also very good sharpness, nice rendering, DOF scaling and ability to use autofocus or manual focus with good MF feel/turning range. Its like having your cake and eating it too-- leica quality optics + autofocus + IS (at least for some.) So, I overlooked the AF issue for that. In future bodies, they'll probably get the AF right. (The fuji sensor doesn't suck either.)

Mar 05, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password