Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

Joel J Photogr
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

Hey!
Appreciate everyone taking the time to look at my latest work, A lot of time put into preplanning this one,

Tied to Fear

Thanks,
Joel

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:29 AM
gome1122
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

Great shot. You executed it perfectly .

Feb 15, 2013 at 01:19 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

She doesn't look scared to me sorry.
The idea is cool and you did good job with it.

Feb 15, 2013 at 04:35 AM
John Macri
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

I like it. Not looking scared makes the photo more interesting. Maybe the guy with the knife is going to cut her free?

Feb 15, 2013 at 05:26 AM
exposedme
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

She looks like the guy just walked into the room and she doesn't know what to expect. Many ways to view this. Very good job to me, lighting, mood, location, perspective, all great.

Feb 15, 2013 at 04:01 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

hi,

What follows is written in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you.

Your title says "creative concept."

I don't see much that is "creative" about this image.

In fact, it looks like a "typical" (and hackneyed) image showing threatened violence against women (guy with knife, woman bound).

If you want to get "creative" I suggest you redo the shot and make something new.

Feb 15, 2013 at 09:23 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

Steady Hand wrote:
hi,

What follows is written in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you.

Your title says "creative concept."

I don't see much that is "creative" about this image.

In fact, it looks like a "typical" (and hackneyed) image showing threatened violence against women (guy with knife, woman bound).

If you want to get "creative" I suggest you redo the shot and make something new.

yep - what he said

Feb 15, 2013 at 09:37 PM
Joel J Photogr
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

Really stoked on the feedback I'm getting, thanks guys!

Steady Hand. You and me sir have a completely different outlook as to whats creative..
To me, I've created a moment of almost "story telling" Not going TO FAR with creativeness and pushing the idea, but far enough to allow your mind to venture off as to what the story may be and whats happening.

To me, I guess I'm seeing my "Creativeness" come by getting up, thinking of an idea, and creating the scene, find a location, shooting on location, making it come to life, creating my exact lighting needed to set this mood, highlighting what I'd like, choosing wardrobe, colour tones/dodgeburn in post. I could truly go on about how I see this being in the sense that I'm getting creative. But everyone clearly has different outlooks as to what that really is, and if you only see this being a typical.blunt photo that shows "threatened violence against women" :\ well then I'm sorry you see it that way, and I wish you could see it the way it was meant/shot.

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM
gregSC
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

I like it. Good lighting.

Greg

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:49 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

Joel J Photogr wrote:
Really stoked on the feedback I'm getting, thanks guys!

Steady Hand. You and me sir have a completely different outlook as to whats creative..
To me, I've created a moment of almost "story telling" Not going TO FAR with creativeness and pushing the idea, but far enough to allow your mind to venture off as to what the story may be and whats happening.

To me, I guess I'm seeing my "Creativeness" come by getting up, thinking of an idea, and creating the scene, find a location, shooting on location, making it come to life, creating my exact
...Show more

Steady Hand wrote:

the concept does look like threatened violence against women .
I suppose it could be a 50's crime pulp magazine type shot

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM

John Macri
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

Violence against women? Really? Maybe she's hiding a gun, blows the guys head off and Joel (OP) goes off to jail for his role in the murder of an innocent man.

Feb 16, 2013 at 01:59 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

Joel J Photogr wrote:
...To me, I guess I'm seeing my "Creativeness" come by getting up, thinking of an idea, and creating the scene, find a location, shooting on location, making it come to life, creating my exact lighting needed to set this mood, highlighting what I'd like, choosing wardrobe, colour tones/dodgeburn in post...

Can't argue with any of that. I think you were successful with everything you set out to do on that list with perhaps one significant exception.

It's the "thinking of an idea" part that came up flat and failed to make me go, "wow, what a creative (or cool, or interesting, or scary, or fun...) idea." Instead, the idea is just tired, and it also implies something that I (and apparently Steady) don't find particularly interesting, entertaining or pleasing to view.

If you applied all of that energy and time AND came up with a fresh idea to apply it all to, then you may be on to something if you're looking to stage an interesting and/or entertaining scene.

Feb 16, 2013 at 02:07 PM
imagezbyjay

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

The image is solid but the title maybe misleading. Good work cant wait to see more from you just ignore the "noise" from the naysayers and keep shooting.

Feb 16, 2013 at 03:05 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

John Macri wrote:
Maybe she's hiding a gun, blows the guys head off and Joel (OP) goes off to jail for his role in the murder of an innocent man.

Maybe she gets free of the binding and makes a run for the door and trips.
Then the guy grabs her and slashes her throat
All sorts of endings are possible - it's just a concept

Feb 16, 2013 at 05:14 PM
John Macri
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

imagezbyjay wrote:
The image is solid but the title maybe misleading. Good work cant wait to see more from you just ignore the "noise" from the naysayers and keep shooting.

I mostly agree.

A word about being creative or for those who challenge others of its use, almost everything we see is a variation of something else out there. Sometimes it's subliminal, sometimes it's obvious; sometimes we are inspired, sometimes we inspire others. So what is creative to me, may not be creative to others. Not that big a deal really.

Feb 16, 2013 at 07:25 PM
zquaratella
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

I'm glad to see images like this in this forum. They inspire conversation and passions. Some will offer praise, others will call it "tired," but I see it as really cool!

It's certainly more creative than anything I did today!

Feb 16, 2013 at 07:53 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

imagezbyjay wrote:

Sorry - but this made me laugh. You may as well say, "Just be sure to ignore any criticism that is not an atta boy or a solid pat on the back."

Or another idea may be, listen to the "noise" and see if anything from it possibly inspires you to expand your views, see your work as others may see it, or maybe even learn how you can improve.

Your choice really, but I've learned a lot in this forum by having others tell me that images that I posted and thought were 'amazing' were actually only kind of ordinary or maybe not even very good. In those same threads, others said 'great job!' I chose to learn from the noise and it has helped me get better.

Feb 17, 2013 at 01:11 PM
tmann4msu

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

Excellent photo as it keep the imagination wide open.
Well captured scene
interested to see the next chapter

Feb 18, 2013 at 03:26 PM
fgransee
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

I get that you put a lot of work into this ... lighting, colors, costumes are all well planned and selected. The image might be more 'threatening' if you would have chosen the perspective more in a way that the knife (pointed down as is) would line up pointing to the person.

That being said, and this may be beside the point, I am not comfortable with the purpose of the perceived message in this shot. The title does not connect well, despite the obvious, and falls flat in my opinion. Not sure what I should get out of this (other than sense of crime, rape, violence, ...) ... but again, that's just my personal processing of the image. Others, perhaps more artful individuals, might readily disagree with that notion.

Feb 19, 2013 at 07:41 PM
basehorhonda
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Tied to Fear (creative Concept)

The photo itself looks great. Well excuted. Only thing I dont really care for is the title "tied to fear" I just dont see any fear.

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password