Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Fall in Yellowstone

PeakPhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Fall in Yellowstone

I live less than an hour and a half from Yellowstone so I make the trip fairly often. And fall is my favorite time to visit (hard to do when it's football season for me). But most of the tourists have gone home, and they haven't closed all the roads for winter yet. Often you may only see 10 other cars the whole day.

Here are some of my personal favorites, I'm trying to become more active here and I wanted to introduce some of my work (still no where close to some of the amazing quality I've been seeing around here).

Cheers,

Andy

Lamar Valley

Feb 14, 2013 at 01:42 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Fall in Yellowstone

Hey Andy,

I am thinking you do need to get more active and post more! These are pretty cool shots. I like the simplicity of #1, the gradual hue of colors in the sky. The horizon is pretty dead center, but I think the empty space works. I also really like the mood you created in #3. That is a super road shot, and the processing of it looks super sweet.

Nice work!

Jim

Feb 14, 2013 at 01:51 AM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Fall in Yellowstone

Nice, Andy. Do you have any of the spring creeks? (Armstrong, Nelson, Ben Hart...)

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:12 AM
PeakPhoto
• •
p.1 #4 · Fall in Yellowstone

JimFox wrote:
Hey Andy,

I am thinking you do need to get more active and post more! These are pretty cool shots. I like the simplicity of #1, the gradual hue of colors in the sky. The horizon is pretty dead center, but I think the empty space works. I also really like the mood you created in #3. That is a super road shot, and the processing of it looks super sweet.

Nice work!

Jim

Thank you Jim. I really hope to become more active, it seems like a great community over here. Being a college football player, running a business, and running a charity I don't have much in the way of free time... but I want to make an effort to be active!

Cheers

Ernie Aubert wrote:
Nice, Andy. Do you have any of the spring creeks? (Armstrong, Nelson, Ben Hart...)

Hmm.. not overly sure (my knowledge of names is horrid). But this shot may be one, it's an older one.

Feel free to look through my galleries on my site and you might come across some others.

http://www.peakphotographymt.com/yellowstone

Happy Shooting,

Andy

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:28 AM
BFTphoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Fall in Yellowstone

I know people put watermarks on their images to protect them, but I feel these are over the top and very distracting, I cant fully appreciate the pictures. If I put my hand over it the image immediately looks 10X better.

Feb 14, 2013 at 04:17 AM
PeakPhoto
• •
p.1 #6 · Fall in Yellowstone

Ben Totman wrote:
I know people put watermarks on their images to protect them, but I feel these are over the top and very distracting, I cant fully appreciate the pictures. If I put my hand over it the image immediately looks 10X better.

Well I appreciate the opinion Ben, to be honest I've had a lot of stuff stolen over the year I've been in business and so that's why I went "drastic". I have actually been shopping around for a simpler alternative however.

For instance, I've started to use this one for my black and white and night shots and have debated using that permanently for my other photos.

Cheers

Feb 14, 2013 at 05:26 AM
hamster
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Fall in Yellowstone

Great series, Andy.
I really love #3 and #4. Excellent job with the light, perfect composition.

Feb 14, 2013 at 05:57 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tuan Le
• • •
p.1 #8 · Fall in Yellowstone

Very nicely done on the series Andy and that is one cool road shot in #3! Count me down for a vote to use the same watermark you used in your B&W shot.

Feb 14, 2013 at 06:27 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Fall in Yellowstone

nice set, the last pic (Yellowstone entrance) is my favorite

Feb 14, 2013 at 03:30 PM
wrsmt

p.1 #10 · Fall in Yellowstone

Nice shots! Love seeing great images from YP. I go there a lot, as well, from Missoula. Your images inspire me to bring back new and different images when I go there, rather than just wildlife portraits. I need to think more about what is all around me. Good job. I think the spring creeks that Ernie was referring to are on private land between Livingston and Gardiner. They are very popular (and $$$) trout fishing destinations.

Randy

Feb 14, 2013 at 05:17 PM
PeakPhoto
• •
p.1 #11 · Fall in Yellowstone

Thanks a lot everyone

wrsmt wrote:
Nice shots! Love seeing great images from YP. I go there a lot, as well, from Missoula. Your images inspire me to bring back new and different images when I go there, rather than just wildlife portraits. I need to think more about what is all around me. Good job. I think the spring creeks that Ernie was referring to are on private land between Livingston and Gardiner. They are very popular (and $$$) trout fishing destinations.

Randy

Always nice to meet a fellow Montana (even if you are from up in Griz country ) Anyway.. I'm actually a bigger fan of the landscapes of Yellowstone than the wildlife (and I love the wildlife). I'll be heading up your way to shoot Glacier this year. A buddy of mine's house is only 30 minutes from Glacier so I can crash on the couch and commute.

Feb 15, 2013 at 01:47 AM
TwinII

p.1 #12 · Fall in Yellowstone

Nice work. I really like number 1. The light hitting that left hand side of the image is gorgeous!

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Ylwstonegirl
• •
p.1 #13 · Fall in Yellowstone

Great series, Andy. I really like your Lamar Valley road shot and your Roosevelt Arch shot. I'm with some of the others on the watermark; I like the one that you use on your black and white shot.

Kristine

Feb 16, 2013 at 05:02 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password