Upload & Sell: Off
| p.1 #3 · Workflow from Monitor to Printer |
As far as workflow from montitor to printed image, this is how I understand it.
1) calibrate monitor ... plan to get Xrite i1 display pro with Xrite color checker passport comes as kit. Other recommendations were to begin in Camera and not at the monitor
2) Use Qimage software to soft proof and manage color management to printer. I am of the understanding LR 4 can do that, but Qimage is more accurate. ( not sure if one has to go to this level) or will LR4 safice.
3) Put in all profiles of the paper you will be using..
4)...Show more →
I'm not sure what you mean by Step 3?
0. Calibrate monitor with whatever device
1. Install profiles for each non-Epson paper you intend to use
2. Develop an image in whatever color managed software you want, soft proofing as you see the need.
3. Print from Lr (Photoshop, QImage PS Elements, etc) making sure to turn off color management in the printer dialog and to select the correct profile in Lr.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 as needed.
Alternatively, you can turn off color management in Lr and let the printer manage color, which with Epson paper should give identical results to letting the software manage color.