Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · RR Trestle in B&W

LandPirate
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · RR Trestle in B&W

Try to apply what I've been learning. Feedback, suggestions, critiques are appreciated.

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:59 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · RR Trestle in B&W

That's some cool detail with the weathering on the bricks. But a couple of things don't work for me. One the shot almost seems split in two, with the dead tree on the left one shot, and the trestle on the right the other shot. Remember to try and work the rule of thirds as much as possible. Also the angle at the top right feeling cut off.

I know true landscapes are a bit hard for you to come by down there. But for this one, though the detail in the bricks is cool, I think a wider angled shot might have been best here. Trying to take in the land as much as possible to come away with more of a landscape shot. The sky that does show in this looks pretty gray, so I am guessing when you shot this you chose to minimize the sky, so that's good. Course that does limit your compositions too.

Keep trying down there. Are there any fields with single trees in them? Ones where you can really isolate? Those can be worked in several ways.

Jim

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:42 PM
LandPirate
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · RR Trestle in B&W

Thanks Jim.

This shot was pretty confined. It's in a relatively narrow creek bed. Immediately off screen to the left is a new concrete pillar that's been tagged (graffiti) by teens. That old rock was what caught my eye too. Yes, the sky was gray and dreary. I was on an old low head dam/road next to the trestle. I'll try to re-shoot this with wide angle and maybe include the road.

I'm on the eastern edge of the Hill Country, so a short drive to the west provides many vistas. I'll figure this composition thing out eventually. Thanks again. Input is greatly appreciated and invaluable right now.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:10 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password