Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              8      
       10       end

Archive 2013 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

RobDickinson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #1 · p.9 #1 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

6D despite the bashing is a fantastic and compelling camera once you look at the options, as Roger found out.

Feb 20, 2013 at 08:09 PM
thw2
• • • •
p.9 #2 · p.9 #2 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

snapsy wrote:
FYI, Roger C. chose the 6D: http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/02/roger-buys-a-camera-system-finally

A surprising choice. But hey, what can I say, great minds think alike? I currently run the 6D and OM-D systems.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Jack Balthasar
• •
p.9 #3 · p.9 #3 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

I just ordered a 6D. Should arrive tomorrow. Selling my 5D and grip to offset the cost. Companion camera is x100. I thought I'd own the 5D forever and go with a crop like a future 7D2, but I crave the high ISO. I'm really excited about it!
I'm just a hobbyist, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for all of the great opinions in this thread.

On a side note, as a casual FM'er, why are there no reviews for the 6D in the reviews section? Are reviews passe these days?

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM
outlawyer
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #4 · p.9 #4 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

As an amateur and therefore permitted to be so, I'm head over heels in love with mine. If you ever longed for the stunning IQ of a 5DC (even better, with exponentially better DR, resolution, modern processor, and hi-ISO) but also with MA, LV, and sensor cleaning, you'll be in hog heaven. I know I am.
Canon forever!

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM
onegreatcity
• • •
p.9 #5 · p.9 #5 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

Just to continue on with the unabashedly enthusiastic vibe, I bought my 6D last Saturday and must say I'm pretty thrilled so far. Hope to carve out some time this weekend to shoot something worthy of sharing.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Ferrophot
• •
p.9 #6 · p.9 #6 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

Now that we have all had a lot of fun belting Canon to a pulp over the disaster that the 6D is and their market mechanisations that have robbed us of this and that essential feature, has anybody who bought the camera and used it been so unhappy that they are selling it to buy something else? Those who have it seem pretty happy.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:55 PM
scott bye

p.9 #7 · p.9 #7 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

I rented a 6d and compared images of my 5D and at a 20 x 30 in print level I barely notice a difference. I think I am going to keep the 5d and wait till next year. I mostly shoot @ 100 iso about 90 percent of the time with a tripod.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.9 #8 · p.9 #8 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

5d or 5dmkII?

At ISO 100 there isnt much difference to output or prints against a 5d2. no one said there is.

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM
timpdx
• • •
p.9 #9 · p.9 #9 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

I really like mine, iso 12800 is mighty impressive. And my jpegs SOOC for a family trip to SF are simply amazing (say what you may, but jpeg shooting with this cam is a dream, I can put my pics right on the ipad for immediate enjoyment, post them online and Canon's jpeg processing IMO is indeed the best). Messed around with wifi and I could see using it in a photo shoot situation, but for everyday timer/composition stuff it takes a bit to set up. Its a bit like the 7D where the camera just seems to want to take pictures, and the shutter sound is wonderfully damped, not the 5D ker-chunk.

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:33 AM
scott bye

p.9 #10 · p.9 #10 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

Actually the 5D I been staring at the images for 2 days now, I am deciding on if I should sell my 5d and get the 6d or just keep the 5D forever.

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

RobDickinson
• • • •
p.9 #11 · p.9 #11 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

6D has a ton of advantages over a 5d in operation and abilities but it depends what and how you shoot if they are worth it.

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:52 AM
neil_johnson

p.9 #12 · p.9 #12 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

Just got my 6D and giant goodie box from B&H today! So excited, scoping out the manual now while it charges. Will be posting pictures as soon as I find something exciting to take.

Feb 21, 2013 at 02:17 AM
mpedersen
• •
p.9 #13 · p.9 #13 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

I think I'll be ditching the 5D II + grip soon to upgrade. Really want that high ISO performance, as I shoot low-light A LOT.

The 5D II is good.. but I don't like the noise patterns when they start to show up.

Feb 21, 2013 at 02:49 AM
outlawyer
• • •
p.9 #14 · p.9 #14 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

scott bye wrote:
Actually the 5D I been staring at the images for 2 days now, I am deciding on if I should sell my 5d and get the 6d or just keep the 5D forever.

The only way I'll ever be without my 5D is theft or it burns or is somehow pulverized.
The 6D has features that I never thought I needed, but do now, LV alone is opening up a whole new world of consistently perfect focus, great fun. Haven't even tried MA yet.

Feb 21, 2013 at 03:11 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.9 #15 · p.9 #15 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

macrobild wrote:
" These are all subjective determinations" nice, then we agree

Read my previous post, please. I did not say anything else.
I prefer ooc JPEGs from Canon. In my opinion over ISO 800 (what I use regular) Nikons jpeg files can not compare in usability, too:

Test

Feb 21, 2013 at 04:57 AM
RogerC11
• • • •
p.9 #16 · p.9 #16 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

M Lucca wrote:
There's a guy here that does fantastic landscapey photos with a 7d. In my eyes, his images blew many of the so-called landscape cameras with a gazillion DR and what not.

I forgot his name unfortunately. He did some misty forest photos with people on it. Come to think of it I see alot more astounding images with the 7d than other cameras. Imagemaster's 7d bird photos are awesome.

Ironically, I believe the guy you are talking about is RobDickinson..the guy who posted right before you asked this question lol. And the photo I believe you are talking about is either the one the titled "The Commuter" or "Hagley Morning". He is certainly one of our more renowned landscape photographers on this forum.

Feb 21, 2013 at 05:26 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.9 #17 · p.9 #17 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

Hey Roger! How can I find those two pictures?

Ralph

Feb 21, 2013 at 07:05 AM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.9 #18 · p.9 #18 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

Cheers Roger! I shoot with a 5d2 now , and had a 6d loaner for a month.

The Commuter by robjdickinson, on Flickr

Misty Hagley Park sunrise 3 by robjdickinson, on Flickr

Feb 21, 2013 at 07:43 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.9 #19 · p.9 #19 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

Thnxs Rob . I missed both shots. Those samples again show that seeing the motiv and knowing how to capture it is more important than the camera used. Anything worse caused by Canons horrible DR here? I do not think so.
This was 7D, I saw plenty of great pictures done with 5D II and 6D token by you, too.

Feb 21, 2013 at 07:52 AM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.9 #20 · p.9 #20 · DP Review's 6D Review Is Up

Which SLR and what lens you use is much less important than how you use it. It may be a bit sharper, let you print a little bigger etc

Still chuckling over 'He is certainly one of our more renowned landscape photographers on this forum' Roger

Feb 21, 2013 at 08:49 AM
       10       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

10       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password