Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2013 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

Some of my favorite outings with my camera involve getting together with another photographer that I admire...it really gets the creative juices flowing! My friend Sally of Sallykate Photography was out here in Arizona this past week visiting friends and made the 3 hour drive to my neck of the woods to see me on Saturday. We took her gorgeous 11 year old daughter out and let her play dress up with my vintage dress collection (all 75-ish years old and made by my Grandma). We hit snowy mountain tops and desert wasteland all in the same day. I might not love the town I live in, but I have to admit that we have a pretty awesome variety of shooting locations all within a short driving distance of my home.

Massive over-share incoming...we started up in the mountains a few miles up the road from my house (yes, it was cold)...

9 {my husband lost his wallet at this very spot some 7 years ago...lol}

11 {another dress, another location...just an abandoned local business but it has great light}

13 {love this one even though I had to perform elbow surgery due to a posing oversight}

14 {the most dramatic landscape we have around here...started shooting just before sunset and then kept going with OCF afterwards...this led to a huge variety of colors and looks all from one spot}

17 {getting kind of dark, enter the OCF...thanks again to those of you here who pushed me to give it a try finally}

18 {yes, this sunset is real...}

21 {adding 2 black and whites from the dry lake bed...}

22 {this is the same image as #14, but I kinda love it even more in b&w...}

I still have more to edit, but this is a good sampling. My advice if you are stuck in a rut? Get together with another photographer. SO much fun! Thanks for looking!

Edited on Feb 14, 2013 at 12:56 AM · View previous versions

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM
ambur d
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

I totally agree about meeting up with other photographers Lisa! Did so myself this past weekend. (:
I am such a fan of this set, aahhhh! I think I like 9, 15, and 20 the most. You are pushing me to try OCF as well, aha.

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:23 AM
sripos

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

Awesome....

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:37 AM
sripos

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

Can you show us your before-after shots of 13 & 14?

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:38 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

Lovely, Lisa! I love the IQ of No. 9, which is so different from the beauty of your typical bokeh shots. Also love how the trees framed your subject in all of those first shots. Gorgeous series, thanks for sharing!

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:04 AM
pedpole
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

Stunning!!!!

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:28 AM
alohadave
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

13 is solid gold!

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:40 AM
saaketham
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

17 is my favorite .... beautiful photos, but wish some were candids and not obviously posed. Lovely backgrounds, DOF and lighting.

Feb 13, 2013 at 04:25 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

Thank you guys! Actually, 2, 4, and 14 were all candid. I realize that's not the majority but they're in there.

Feb 13, 2013 at 04:58 AM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

I saw these on FB earlier. Love the photos. You are very lucky to have such amazing locations to shoot at. Number 4, 13, and 20 are my favorites.

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:51 AM

gome1122
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

The location that yu chose for the last set is amazing. I wish I lived around a place like that.

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:40 AM
FredVf
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

Lisa, those are beautiful photographs! All of them! My favorites are the snowflake ones, and the second series. Great locations. Awesome compositions, and just very visually pleasing photographs overall. I love these.

Fred

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Steven W

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

They are all lovely Lisa, but in my mind, 3,9, and 14 are remarkable! I always enjoy your writing and photos. Thanks for sharing.

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:34 PM
Eskiula

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

Your work really stands out! I have seen it for many months now and must say I love you sensitivity. You master your camera and know how to use the light. Your subtle PS enhancements make a nice difference. Really, really beautiful.
Also, congrats for the 10th kid. I have 4 and that's enough for me

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:55 PM
BobnJake
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

Lisa, beautiful and thanks for sharing the "extra's that you provide. Much appreciated
Bob

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:10 PM
fgransee
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

Absolutely stunning ... every one of them. Almost impossible to pick one or even a few favorites. I really like #13 (it tilts a little to the right though). The girl, the dresses, the setting, framing, lighting and technical execution are just spot on in every shot. Best series I have seen in a while! I was about equally impressed of a recent "Morocco" series by Dmitri Markine.

Feb 13, 2013 at 04:20 PM
fstop212
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

phenomenal !!!!! Each and every one of these

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:03 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

friscoron wrote:
Lovely, Lisa! .... also love how the trees framed your subject in all of those first shots. Gorgeous series, thanks for sharing!

+1. No way to choose a favorite. You're very fortunate to have all those beautiful dresses and fabulous locations at your disposal! You're also very skilled at posing, something that is not all that easy to do. Thanks for posting!

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:38 PM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

Nice! But isn't she ccccoooollldddd?

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:45 PM
GoodEgg
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Audrey {vintage dresses & exotic locations}

The snow set needed a huntsman to go with Snow White! Excellent as always, Lisa.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:43 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password