Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Rainbow Rock

DeepShadows
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rainbow Rock

Shot this during my last road trip through the south western states and up the west coast. Rainbow rock has many fantastic colorations, this is just one of several panos I took during the sunset.

Rainbow Rock

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM
AmbientMike
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rainbow Rock

Amazing

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rainbow Rock

I certainly like the composition, the framing of those clouds are super cool. But the sky in the center around the sun is too blown out and hurts the shot. I would try to recover the light in that area, hopefully you have some shots where you were exposing for the highlights.

Jim

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

John Richter
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rainbow Rock

Need my sunglasses for this one. It is a little blown out. But for some reason, it doesn't bother me for this shot. Nice work.

JBR

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:20 AM
Jim Bau
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Rainbow Rock

I agree with Jim. Great framing of the shot, Good comp and clouds, just the sun blowing out the center of the shot hurts what is overall a really nice picture. Did you happen to take anoter set of pano shots a short time later?

Feb 13, 2013 at 04:16 AM
DeepShadows
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Rainbow Rock

Yup I did, I have several that earlier and later. I did some compositing work and for some reason I didn't like the look of it. I think it's because this is how I saw the scene. My eyes don't have a 6 stop ND filter on them to be able to see the sun without it looking like a glowing ball. Some scenes it works better to control the light and not blow it out, but for this one I made a decision to leave it like this. I might revisit that choice, we'll see if I can get it more realistic without it ruining the feeling for me. Thanks guys.

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:41 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password