Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List
  

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2013 · DVD covers
  
 
CMB Photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · DVD covers


I'm sure this question was asked here in the past. However, with the things moving so fast, I'd like to raise this question again. I'm looking for DVD cover options for client's DVD's. I do like USB Flash option and waiting for the better price. Meanwhile, what you guys using to cover your disks with?
[I've used lite burn disks a few years back and then completely went with Label CD/DVD option by Memorex, I believe. It works OK and I like to customize all my disks, using client's photos and still I'm ready to upgrade for a better option within real life price tag.)
Thanks!



Feb 12, 2013 at 09:50 PM
g-money
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · DVD covers


I use an Epson Artisian 50 printer to print on the white watershed disk. Works great. If you don't have a printer that prints directly on the disk you could try Black River Imageing. I used them for while until I bought my own printer. They seemed to be a bit cheaper than others at printing DVDs. Then get you a nice case option and you are ready.

Greg



Feb 13, 2013 at 02:54 PM
johnrg
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · DVD covers


Epson Artisan 1430 and printable discs here. I've been using Sony discs from Costco, but plan to order up some JVC Watershield discs which have gotten good reviews here. As Greg said the printed discs from Millers/BRI/etc. are great too.


Feb 13, 2013 at 03:00 PM
CMB Photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · DVD covers


g-money wrote:
I use an Epson Artisian 50 printer to print on the white watershed disk. Works great. If you don't have a printer that prints directly on the disk you could try Black River Imageing. I used them for while until I bought my own printer. They seemed to be a bit cheaper than others at printing DVDs. Then get you a nice case option and you are ready.

Greg



Thanks Greg! Good deal. I'm familiar with BRI and will give them a try. I also like Epson printer option. What disks should be used with that? (if you could pm me the link - would be great!) Also, how friendly is it to use your own templates with the printer option?
Thanks again!




Feb 13, 2013 at 03:01 PM
CMB Photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · DVD covers


Update and thanks to: johnrg
Partially he answered my previous question.
How durable are "whatershiled" disk in general?



Feb 13, 2013 at 03:03 PM
g-money
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · DVD covers


CMB I personally like the Taiyo Yuden white water shield disk. You can get them from numerous places. Amazon is one but I think I also seen them at Office Depot the other day. Just google Taiyo Yuden/JVC Water Shield White I think they make a matte and glossy option.


Feb 13, 2013 at 03:09 PM
CMB Photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · DVD covers


g-money wrote:
CMB I personally like the Taiyo Yuden white water shield disk. You can get them from numerous places. Amazon is one but I think I also seen them at Office Depot the other day. Just google Taiyo Yuden/JVC Water Shield White I think they make a matte and glossy option.


sweet! that helps! Thanks guys!





Feb 13, 2013 at 03:10 PM
NathanHamler
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · DVD covers


What i decided to do was to buy 10 packs of empty dvd cases, then i made an InDesign template that is properly sized for the front/back panel and spine...then i design the cover how i want...photos, text, colors, etc..the finished layout is like 7"x11", so drop it on an 8x12 white/grey canvas in PS, and get an 8x12 printed at costco for $1.49...the white/gray border allows me to trim perfectly, then i just crease the spine folds on my paper cutter.....it looks awesome....people always freak when they see how nice they are....


Feb 13, 2013 at 04:27 PM
CMB Photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · DVD covers


i've been giving just that white envelope...feel ashamed now..
seems like it's time for me to step up to good options...
thanks Nathan! I will work on cases too!
wonder though, how many people make their own cases...(part of their brand)...



Feb 13, 2013 at 04:35 PM
NathanHamler
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · DVD covers


Yeah i did the basic thin plastic cd case for a while...then i realized how cheap it was to step it up, and the results have been great...for the disk itself i still do a standard white label, with just the couples name, wedding date, my logo, website, and phone number. No image or anything...nice and clean...


Feb 13, 2013 at 04:49 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



CMB Photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · DVD covers


Anyone quickly switching to USB flash drives?



Feb 13, 2013 at 05:17 PM
CMB Photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · DVD covers


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-239-003&ParentOnly=1


Feb 13, 2013 at 05:18 PM
kwhaley29
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · DVD covers


Take a look at Rice Studio Supply. They have quite a few options for CD and DVD packaging.


Feb 13, 2013 at 09:26 PM
CMB Photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · DVD covers


kwhaley29 wrote:
Take a look at Rice Studio Supply. They have quite a few options for CD and DVD packaging.



Thanks! A lot of attractive options there too!



Feb 13, 2013 at 09:35 PM
a123
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · DVD covers


Can't go wrong with the epson artisan printers to print directly on the disk. They are very easy to use, excellent quality and very customizable.


Feb 15, 2013 at 05:42 PM
NYstyles
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · DVD covers


CMB Photo wrote:
Anyone quickly switching to USB flash drives?

I have, havent burned a disc in over a year.. Events get drives and portraits get a download gallery. Drives are just too cheap and so much more efficient. I package it cute in a trinket box. Its actually sold as a wedding favor. Its a vintage looking metal heart. Eventually I'll have custom logo drives.

http://www.customusb.com/



Feb 15, 2013 at 06:31 PM
CMB Photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · DVD covers


Good resources. Thanks to all!
Now trying to convince my wife that we need a new printer..or..a bunch of drives...
Happy Friday everyone and productive weekend if you're shooting!

M




Feb 15, 2013 at 06:35 PM
pette87
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · DVD covers


NathanHamler wrote:
What i decided to do was to buy 10 packs of empty dvd cases, then i made an InDesign template that is properly sized for the front/back panel and spine...then i design the cover how i want...photos, text, colors, etc..the finished layout is like 7"x11", so drop it on an 8x12 white/grey canvas in PS, and get an 8x12 printed at costco for $1.49...the white/gray border allows me to trim perfectly, then i just crease the spine folds on my paper cutter.....it looks awesome....people always freak when they see how nice they are....


can u post a photo?
thanks a lot



Feb 17, 2013 at 05:13 PM
G-Gore
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · DVD covers


CMB Photo wrote:
Good resources. Thanks to all!
Now trying to convince my wife that we need a new printer..or..a bunch of drives...
Happy Friday everyone and productive weekend if you're shooting!

M



I've been also using Epson printer (Aristan 725). It's flawless. Great quality of photo prints as well as on discs.

My typical delivery of discs is white/clear DVD case. DVD cover printed as photo. Disc from JVC (white, hub printable, glossy, watershield). And voila :-)



Feb 17, 2013 at 06:51 PM





FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password