Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Accurate shutter count for 1D Mark IV

jakita33
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Accurate shutter count for 1D Mark IV

I recently put my Mark IV up for sale and prior to doing so I ran EOS Count to check the number of accuations. I bought the camera from a wedding photographer here on the FM boards about a year ago and put around 7k clicks myself. When I bought it, they described the accuation count as "lightly used". Of course when I ran EOS Count I got a response of 109k clicks. When I put the camera up for sale I received several pm's from people who claimed that EOS Count isn't accurate for this camera. I ran a search and it seems to be what people are using today (if they aren't sending in their camera to CPS.) I was just wondering if anyone is aware of a real problem with this software camera combination and if so, what does work. Thanks.

J

Feb 12, 2013 at 04:36 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Accurate shutter count for 1D Mark IV

The only reliable method is to send it to a Canon service centre. Just explain this to a potential buyer. If they can't get over it, don't worry; then next potential buyer will probably be more reasonable.

Feb 12, 2013 at 05:13 PM
BobnJake
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Accurate shutter count for 1D Mark IV

I always drop mine off at the Jamesburg, NJ facility (I admit it's nice only being 35 minutes away), but I get a certified shutter count in writing that I can supply to the potential buyer to show a true count, while it's there I always have them do a "Clean & Check" which really helps for the sale

Bob

Feb 12, 2013 at 07:16 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Accurate shutter count for 1D Mark IV

Echoing what you you've been told above, only Canon repair (or I suppose someone with their equipment) can provide an accurate shutter count on any Canon after the 1D(s)II era. This is a direct quote from a senior tech in Irvine who frankly was amused that people were so hung up on shutter counts because in his words, "overall camera condition is a better indicator of its value than counting accusations." Any one who claims they have a method for doing so is smoking better stuff than is available around here

Feb 12, 2013 at 07:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jakita33
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Accurate shutter count for 1D Mark IV

Thanks all! The camera is in beautiful condition but now one is interested due to the supposed mileage. I might just have to keep it for myself

Feb 12, 2013 at 07:52 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Accurate shutter count for 1D Mark IV

jakita33 wrote:
Thanks all! The camera is in beautiful condition but now one is interested due to the supposed mileage. I might just have to keep it for myself

Checked your listing. Mind boggling that no one is interested in that quality at that price. Already use one daily or I'd be all over it. If people don't want to buy 1DIV at <$2.8k, what are they buying? 5DIII? Nice cam but certainly not in the same performance category.

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Accurate shutter count for 1D Mark IV

EOS count does in fact provide a accurate count for a 1D MK IV. I checked mine when EOS counnt was free, and it was accurate.

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:44 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password