Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Your thoughts? CC welcomed.

itchhhh

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Your thoughts? CC welcomed.

"Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life". ~Oscar Wilde by itchhhh, on Flickr

"Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life". ~Oscar Wilde

Not my standard fare in photography but the scene left an indelable impression that I had to click the shutter. Oscars quote just seems to fit too The artists name is Smadar Arzy Livne.

Feb 12, 2013 at 04:25 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Your thoughts? CC welcomed.

Diggin' it ... on a few levels.

The obvious play on the artist's legs extending from the woman's dress is well composed for the flow of the lines. Also, there is the "artist hiding behind/surrounded by/immersed in her art" ... something that can strike a chord with artists on different levels.

A bit mundane looking ... until you start thinking about it. That's the part that I dig, the message(s) to be found.

I could see some tweaking to help a bit with the business/distractions ... but that's only nits to further strengthen it.

Feb 12, 2013 at 05:37 PM
eeneryma
• •
p.1 #3 · Your thoughts? CC welcomed.

Wondered what you thought about doing this in black and white. The colors and saturation of the artwork are so strong, in a way I think it distracts from the message. Just a quick conversion that can probably be done better by others.

Another take...Black and White

Feb 12, 2013 at 06:24 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Your thoughts? CC welcomed.

Love the image game. You might consider a slightly tighter crop and some exposure/gamma selections to focus the viewer's gaze a bit:

Feb 12, 2013 at 08:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Your thoughts? CC welcomed.

Like it for the novelty and mystery of trying to guess what the lady behind the painting looks like.

The real message I see here is in the painting and the feet. Everything else pulls me off that message and dilutes it: The red painting and the clutter above, those in the gap. I also don't really see the connection with the caption either and it becomes a distraction also. The drop shadow is dropped and blurred so much it looks like a smudge and is also distracting.

This one is a case where I think isolating the dancer painting and the legs in color and making everything else B&W and blurring it a bit would work and the art <> life duality clearer without all the other distractions. If you try that I'd lose the drop shadow on the caption.

Edited on Feb 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM · View previous versions

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Your thoughts? CC welcomed.

I like it. Fun Image.

Bob

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:44 AM
itchhhh

p.1 #7 · Your thoughts? CC welcomed.

Thanks for all of the valuable feedback!!!

Feb 15, 2013 at 01:55 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Your thoughts? CC welcomed.

Fun, amusing, good eye. I can imagine this on a wall getting smiles with many, many viewings.
I much prefer the color. I like Karen's tighter crop.
Scott

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:08 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password