Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 5d3 light leak - Should that be stated if selling a light leak version?

Jeffrey Myers
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5d3 light leak - Should that be stated if selling a light leak version?

Recently I was in the market for a 5d3 and one of the bodies I looked at was a light leak version. The seller did not state it was that version. Ive read on here that the resale value is less if its a LL release. Should that be stated in FS listing if it is in fact a LL version? Or should it be up to the buyer to be knowledgeable enough to ask that question.

When I politely explained what it was and the serial numbers it affected, the communications when dark and there was no response. trying to sell quietly know the it is an issue? I don't know and don't want to assume that about anyone.

Is it our responsibility as a fellow FM'r to warn others by blatantly asking the question on his FS post. Or would it be none of our business and we should just stay out of it and leave it up to the buyer to ask the questions.

I have thought it was none of my business since I received the serial number via PM from this seller but then I thought that I would definitely want to know if it was me as the buyer and a fellow FM'r pointed out something for me to beware of that the seller was not telling me even after he was informed.

What is your opinion?

Feb 12, 2013 at 09:30 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5d3 light leak - Should that be stated if selling a light leak version?

This issue is essentially nonexistent when used in real-life situations. Most of the people reporting a problem are specifically shooting in a pitch-black room just looking for the leak.

I see no reason for a seller to list this in an ad. If a potential buyer is that concerned about it, ask.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Jeffrey Myers
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5d3 light leak - Should that be stated if selling a light leak version?

I know, 99.9% will never see any affect in their images. My reason for asking was since Canon acknowledged it as a potential issue and some FM'rs agreed it would lower resale value...

I thought I should stay out of it since I bought elsewhere...

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.