Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · NBA D-League Texas @ Iowa Energy (19)

Chad Bassman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · NBA D-League Texas @ Iowa Energy (19)

Sorry for the large quantity of pictures first off... the standard I believe is to show the best shot of a play but a few of these I couldn't decide, and others I felt like they help tell the story of how the play developed.

Maybe with your c/c I could better cull this gallery next time.

This was a 10:30am game last Thursday~

Thanks for looking and all comments,
Chad

1 got to get involved in this play more than ever before...

2 oof obviously but I think I hung in there plenty long, eventually made some minor contact with the players and my 2 cameras on the ground... nothing hurt!

Feb 12, 2013 at 08:17 AM
Chad Bassman
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · NBA D-League Texas @ Iowa Energy (19)

6-10

10 - no ball no shot? answered my own question???

Edited on Feb 12, 2013 at 08:30 AM · View previous versions

Feb 12, 2013 at 08:20 AM
Chad Bassman
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · NBA D-League Texas @ Iowa Energy (19)

11-15

13 no ball no shot??? does this sorta pic ever work in your opinion?

Feb 12, 2013 at 08:23 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Chad Bassman
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · NBA D-League Texas @ Iowa Energy (19)

16-19

19 2 point loss but largest, loudest crowd ever and they all got a free pizza and frosted flakes!

Feb 12, 2013 at 08:25 AM
gome1122
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · NBA D-League Texas @ Iowa Energy (19)

I would say share only your best. It makes it look better. If you are unsure, it's probably not a great photo, that's how I have started choosing.

Feb 12, 2013 at 05:27 PM
mikepmcs
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · NBA D-League Texas @ Iowa Energy (19)

It's great that the crowd is getting larger. I see most of these games on you tube and these huge arenas don't get packed to capacity? Who doesn't want to see pro ball at fantastic prices is my thought. I find it hard to understand.
Of course I love basketball(and hockey) and it's fantastic to see these professionals giving it everything they have night in and night out.

As far as the pictures go, my only request is you post 100 more. Same thing I said once in a post to Russ Isabella. They are all good, they are all relevant. If that means to critique so everyone can learn or at least consider a new way or technique, etc... so be it, but I certainly don't take one particular comment or scenario I read or see for gospel. More times than not I've seen the person that made the comment about a certain technique, break the same rule or technique themselves in a following post or a past one.
When to cull, when to not....well, that's a matter of personal and professional opinion.
One person might say lose that picture, the other might say I can see why you kept it. For example, I'll make the assumption that you posted the first 2 pictures to show how close you came to getting Brian Babineau'd by Rajon Rondo one night at TD Garden. He survived too. !
I've been almost crushed about 6 times in the last few weeks and my stanchion cam has had Fab's prints on it more than once.

Anyway, here is my thoughts just to add some relevance to my post and to provide some other feedback other than I LOVE IT AND POST MORE!! !

I am very careful to get out of the way as quickly as possible when action is getting to close. I understand there are times when it just might be impossible but my greatest fear is injuring a player because he came crashing into me and my camera. So I would just say consider that when you're shooting is all.
Don't get too wrapped up in the no ball no shot dilemmna and decide that has to be the concrete rule because you might have had a winner in there for some other reason and you deleted it just because someone said it's protocol.
Have fun and again have fun while you are doing this. You are recording a small part of the players history and maybe someday 10 years from now Paul Harris and Chris Wright are chatting it up he says, hey remember that one time I bonked you on the head going for that ball against Texas......BLAM PROOF. .
Ok, a little extreme but take it for what it's worth.
Every day is a learning experience once I format that card and hit the go button.
Stop learning and it's over. Think you got it down and it's over. Stay on edge, try something different, keep it fun! That's the only reason I do this. IT's FUN! and the fact that I am providing photos that players will get to have with them the rest of their lives.

I've seen some(in my opinion) poor shots(by technical definition) make wire and magazine. Happens quite often to be honest. Just do the best you can every time out.

This in itself didn't answer some of your questions but others will chime in for the techy stuff for sure. It's all good.

You see Chris Wright up there...Think of his whole story, coming back from MS, etc.....do you think you could ever take too many pictures of that young man. If the unthinkable happens and his NBA career is cut short, you will have provided him with memories he will cherish forever. Just an example of my personal thinking when i'm taking pictures.

Feb 12, 2013 at 06:32 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password