Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Vietnam: Hiking in Mai Chau, Vietnam

aero_ub
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Vietnam: Hiking in Mai Chau, Vietnam

My wife and I have recently returned from another 4-1/2 week trip traveling through Vietnam from top to bottom. We were last there 2 years ago and will be going back again at the end of this year (along with Cambodia/Angkor Wat again). My wife is originally from Vietnam and therefore is fluent in Vietnamese. It makes for a whole different experience when you can sit and talk to people. The more time I spend in Vietnam, the more I don't want to leave. It was tougher to leave this time than it was last time. I am quite jealous of the other travelers I meet in Vietnam that are from Europe and Australia...the trip is much shorter and cheaper than from here on the east coast of the US!

Here are a some shots from out 2n/3d time at a 'homestay' in Mai Chau.

Mai Chau is a rural district of Hoa Binh province in the northwestern region of Vietnam. The district is located about 100 miles (160km) from Ha Noi. The area is made up of small farming (mostly rice) villages of Vietnamese ethnic minorities such as the White Thai, Black Thai, H'moung etc.

Edited on Feb 12, 2013 at 01:40 AM · View previous versions

Feb 12, 2013 at 01:20 AM
aero_ub
• • •
p.1 #2 · Vietnam: Hiking in Mai Chau, Vietnam

#6 - Working in the Rice Fields.
#7 - Two local girls excited to show their new mask.
#8 - This guy brings his water buffalo down to the river every afternoon to bath and cool off after plowing the fields.
#9 - A local minority girl wearing her traditional clothing.
#10 - My wife while we were hiking through some local villages.

Feb 12, 2013 at 01:27 AM
paulmartinmd
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Vietnam: Hiking in Mai Chau, Vietnam

i love the #2 photo.. great..

Feb 12, 2013 at 02:31 AM
Roach51

p.1 #4 · Vietnam: Hiking in Mai Chau, Vietnam

Nice set! #3 is my pick!

Feb 12, 2013 at 03:49 AM
DRosdahl
• •
p.1 #5 · Vietnam: Hiking in Mai Chau, Vietnam

Love all of them, as a former Cambodian resident I am quite jealous of your trip! Great photos!

Feb 12, 2013 at 06:41 AM

TiSE
• •
p.1 #6 · Vietnam: Hiking in Mai Chau, Vietnam

Hi, I enjoyed your shots. Having been to Vietnam twice now, I fully understand your feelings about leaving. It's a beautiful country and full of warm welcoming people ! (& yes, return airfares from Aus can be as low as $750 !!! Yay !)

Feb 12, 2013 at 07:27 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Vietnam: Hiking in Mai Chau, Vietnam

Thank you for sharing. It wasn't nearly as pretty the first time I visited (1966). Please post more. Jim

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM
boxman
• •
p.1 #8 · Vietnam: Hiking in Mai Chau, Vietnam

Thanks for sharing, #3 is my pick, the perspective makes it look like the boy is riding a cow with bicycle handlebars for horns!

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM
fgransee
• •
p.1 #9 · Vietnam: Hiking in Mai Chau, Vietnam

Personal favorites : #2, #3, #4. #5. Maybe with help of some gradient pp you could get more out of the haze in #5 - that would put that shot on the top of the pile for me.

Feb 12, 2013 at 02:27 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password