Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Gateway to the Sun

JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Gateway to the Sun

Sunny Sra wrote:
Damn! ol' man...my hate level just keeps going up

Ha ha... you are going to have to get out of your easy chair and come join me one of these times!

Jim

Feb 12, 2013 at 05:29 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Gateway to the Sun

killersnowman wrote:
yep! it has the qualities of an HDR image. even though i know Jim would never HDR in the 'photomatix' sense it still seems to be pushed in RAW to that end.

cool shot though. the comp of the sun star bursting between the two foreground elements is very nice. watch that HDR look....

Hey Tyler,

Thanks so much, I am glad you liked it. Yep, you are right, I can't even spell Fotomatrick...

Not sure where the HDR feel is coming in at, for me, usually HDR feel is those sharply defined blacks in every crack and crevice, and of course lighted objects facing away from the sun.

Jim

Feb 12, 2013 at 05:32 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Gateway to the Sun

JameelH wrote:
Fantastic shot. When I was there last, ran into pretty lousy weather - read no sun.

Thanks so much Jameel. Sometimes all sun is worse than lousy weather, but in this case it turned out pretty good I think. Hopefully you will get back there soon.

Jim

Feb 12, 2013 at 05:34 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Gateway to the Sun

bshamilton wrote:
Sweet catch of the light and a wonderful comp, Jim.
Not sure if it's what the others are talking about, but the only thing I see is a wee bit of darkening right around the sun. If you could soften just those reds (maybe lightness slider in hue/sat to the right a little?), I think you got yourself a winner!
Awesome light on the fg rock!!

Barry

Hey Barry,

Thanks so much, I am glad you liked it. The sun is all natural, there wasn't a speck of clouds anyway to help diffuse it's light, so as it was blowing it's highlights, that's what came out... certainly no HDR was used to create this shot. And I did desaturate around the sun because I did see a glow around it, but I didn't want to play with it too much, because that's how it was. To me the sun looks fine being what it is, a super hot sun just dipping below the horizon.

Thanks,

Jim

Feb 12, 2013 at 05:40 PM
nburwell
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Gateway to the Sun

Very nice, Jim. I would have liked to see some clouds for a little drama, but unfortunately that is something that is out of our control. An overall great image!

-Nick

Feb 12, 2013 at 05:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sierasong1
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Gateway to the Sun

Wo needs clouds when you have a pretty sun! Clouds are overrated! :-). Well done!
Debbie

Feb 14, 2013 at 05:07 AM
uintaangler
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Gateway to the Sun

Great shot Jim and by the way, I'm betting that Simon is pulling your leg on the HDR jab

Bob

Feb 14, 2013 at 05:24 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Gateway to the Sun

wrong forum! i apologize for the mix up, and my photo!

Edited on Feb 14, 2013 at 06:45 AM · View previous versions

Feb 14, 2013 at 05:25 AM
hamster
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Gateway to the Sun

Superb!

I like what you did with the sun, very interesting indeed. Love the dynamic exposure too!

Feb 14, 2013 at 05:50 AM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password